Flextronics International Ltd.. is one of the world's leading provider of EMS ( Electronic Manufacturing Services ), headquartered in Singapore and a U.S. administrative headquarters in San Jose, California. The company has offices in 30 countries. CEO is Michael M. McNamara.
The company was founded in May 1990. Turnover was 18.9 billion U.S. dollars in fiscal year 2007. Today Flextronics employs approximately 200,000 employees (as of December 2007), a variety of them in manufacturing facilities to low-wage countries such as China and rising, mainly through the acquisition of other companies such as the motherboard and computer manufacturers Iwill in Taiwan in mid-2006, or the U.S. - Circuit board Solectron towards the end of 2007. During 2008 buys Flextronics the power supply manufacturer FMP ( Friwo MobilPOWER ), headquartered in Greven, CEAG AG (today Friwo AG) and increases as in the production of power supplies for the mobile phone manufacturer Nokia.
Flextronics operates in the following business areas:
- Consumer electronics
- Automotive and automotive industries
- Industrialization ( engineering, building engineering, home appliances )
- Infrastructure (servers, routers, switches )
Flextronics services range from product design to production and logistics to after sales service. The company offers its customers the production of all electronic components. So the Xbox 360 game console is produced for Microsoft, pharmaceutical companies Flextronics manufactures, among other ECG mobile phones, for another customer electric motorcycles. In China photovoltaic modules are produced and the Austrian Althofen modules for a production line for photovoltaic systems.
Its customers include, among others:
- Lego Group
- Cisco Systems
- Sony -Ericsson
- Eastman Kodak
- Hewlett -Packard
- Merck Serono
Locations in Austria
- Production site in Althofen ( Carinthia ). The site in Althofen is a leading company for medical technology within the Group. Since September 17, 2013, this site is also the European headquarters of Flextronics.
Locations in Germany
- Production site in Paderborn
- Production facility in Böblingen
- Production site in Frickenhausen (Württemberg )
- Development center in Greven to 2013