View of Affoltern from am Albis
Hedingen (Swiss German: Hedige ) is a municipality in the district Affoltern the canton of Zurich in Switzerland.
Hedingen located in the southwest of the Canton of Zurich and is 6.59 km2 after Wettswil am Albis, Maschwanden, Otten Bach, Knonau and Rifferswil the sixth- smallest municipality in the district of Affoltern. The commune includes the hamlets Fromoos and Ismatt. Hedingen is 13 km air distance from Zurich and 17 km far from train.
In geological terms Hedingen is located in the Molasse Basin in the Swiss Plateau. The basin was filled in during the course of the Tertiary with the detritus of the resulting Alps, where the sediments can be divided into different layers. Sediments under marine conditions are referred to as Meeresmolasse, under such conditions as fluvial Freshwater Molasse. The community is located west of the Albis mountain range in an opening facing the Reuss level moraine.
The key scenic overprint received Hedingen and the other municipalities of the, district, Affoltern by the foray of the Reuss glacier during the various ice ages. Due to the existing glacier valleys new valleys have been deepened and extended, and created. The determining watercourse is the Hofibach, which rises in Hedingen and empties into the Jonen Bach.
Hedingen ranges temperate zone. Characteristic of the climate on the one hand, the winds from westerly directions, which often introduce precipitation, on the other hand, the Bise ( east or north-east wind ), which is usually associated with high pressure levels, but in all seasons brings cooler weather phases would be expected than in the middle. The important in the alpine valleys and on the edge of the Alps hair shows normally no special climatic effects on Hedingen. The nearest climate stations of MeteoSwiss located in Lucerne and Zurich -Affoltern in 13 or 27 kilometers away. Both stations provide approximately equal values . This results in approximately Hedingen for a mean annual temperature of 8.7 ° C. The coldest month is January with -0.4 ° C, the warmest is July with 21.0 ° C. The rainfall is about 1100 mm per year, are being measured, especially during the three summer months due to the convective rainfall amounts higher than in winter.
Archaeological finds show traces of settlements from the 7/8 Century BC there was a settlement from the Roman period on the Kreuzrain. The name " Hedingen ", with the suffix "- ingen", comes from the oldest Alemannic settlement area in the 6th / 7th Century. The present church was built in 1510, its predecessor in the 10th/11th. Century. Church and village belonged to the monastery in 1116 Ragaz, the Hedingen under stood down in court.
Behind the church was the first documented in 1298 Hedingen castle. It is not known if the live in the 13th and 14th centuries, knights of Hedingen dwelt in the castle. Hedingen high court belonged to the Zurich -free office and was incorporated in 1512 in the Zurich bailiwick Knonau.
The crisis at the end of the 17th century forced about 200 people from the Knonaueramt, 77 of them from Hedingen, to emigrate to Brandenburg.
Through the community Hedingen leads in 1864 inaugurated by the Zurich -Lucerne - train - track railway line Zurich - train; it is served by the lines S9 and S15 of the Zurich S-Bahn. Since the opening of the Uetliberg tunnel in May 2009, the bus operated 200 Hedingen; it operates on weekdays between Affoltern am Albis and the Zurich Bahnhof Enge.
The most important jobs in Hedingen are the Kolb AG and Ernst Schweizer AG.
On the ballot on 8 February 2010, the sovereign has decided that from the community Hedingen a so-called unified community is. This has the consequence that the president of the school board is a full member of the Municipal Council re. The number of councilors was still left at their 5 - this meant that a seat has been painted in the political councils.
Since there has been in the current term of office of a premature withdrawal, a call for the by-election was necessary. Only one person has reported for the vacant office, pointed out was waived on an Urn choice and instead elected the new person in silent choice.
The council now consists of the following persons:
- Paul Schneiter (SP)
- Margareta Wildhaber (SVP )
- Rudolf Fornaro (FDP)
- Bertram Thurnherr (FDP)
- Hermann Bättig (FDP) - the same school President
Coat of arms
" In a gold diagonally right, fallen black lace. "
The coat of arms of Hedingen represents a shield figure and is interpreted as an inclined plow blade tip in a golden field of corn. The shield figure appears already in 1288 the emblem seal of the Knight John of Hedingen. The Canton of Zurich since 1503 Bailiwick Hedingen, which was in 1507 merged with the Bailiwick Maschwanden - free office, led the shield on.
In the hamlet Ismatt there is a group of Bohlenständerhaus houses from the 17-18. The May- century well-house was dismantled in 1983 to its present location in the industrial area May- wells, numbered each bar, moved and rebuilt in Ismatt next to a contemporary, a Bohlenständerbau to 1804, again.
In 1938, acquired by the municipality Hedinger pond, a former mill pond, is a bathing establishment since 1945.
May- well house from 1805 or earlier, Bohlenständerhaus in the hamlet Ismatt
- Karl Alexander Müller, Nobel Laureate in Physics 1987 for the discovery of high-temperature superconductor, is an honorary citizen of Hedingen.