Jade Y. Chen
Jade Chen Yuhui (Chinese陈玉慧) ( born July 8, 1957 in Tai -Chung ) is a Taiwanese journalist and writer. 2008 was one of her first novels, The Island of the Goddess, published in German. Since the 1990s, she commutes between her native Taiwan and their places of residence in Munich and Berlin.
Jade Y. Chen was born into a native Taiwanese and a Chinese soldier in Tai -Chung. Her family lived in poverty. As a young woman she turned against the patriarchal structures of their home and wanted to start her own life. She left with 21 years Taiwan to work in Paris at the Théâtre du Soleil as an assistant, including at Ariane Mnouchkine. In the years 1984 and 1985 she attended the drama school of Jacques Lecoq in Paris, from 1986 to 1988 she studied at the " Ecole des hautes études sociales ensciences " in Paris history. In 1988, she completed his studies with a Master degree. 1992-1993 Chen received a scholarship for the Bavarian State Opera in Munich. From 1995-1997 she continued her studies and earned a degree in literature.
Her professional career began in 1978 as Jade Y. Chen freelance for the newspaper China Times Weekly. In 1979, she gave this place on, however, to be in New York from 1983 to 1984 China correspondent for the Times. The next ten years were spent with the writing of plays, as a director and choreographer in theater, opera and ballet in Paris, New York ( at La MaMa Theatre ) and Taipei. She also spent a year working as a teacher at the Chinese Culture University in Taipei, Taipei but leave to go to Paris to work for the Europe Journal as an author, journalist and translator. In 1990 she took up duties as a teacher at the university for a year again. For the Performance Art Magazine and various Chinese newspapers Jade Y. Chen wrote some columns since 1992. In the same year, Ms. Chen to a correspondent for Germany and Europe and for the United Daily News, a Taiwanese newspaper was, and it acts there as a freelancer.
Recently she received for her novel The Sea God Family, which was also adapted for the stage and performed in Taipei in 2009, numerous awards.
Original in Chinese
- Men Wanted, ( staff) novel, 1992
- Walking through the blue city in the deep night, novel, 1994
- Wish you happiness, Playwright 1995
- Reflection essays about Journalism, 1998
- The phantom of Opera Playwright, 1999
- Who is playing the Harmonica? 2000
- Do not mention Taiwan, Taiwanese - German Crime Novel, 2000
- Have you ever loved? , Diary of a world journey, 2001
- Dear you essays, 2001
- Bavarian blue light, German diary, 2002
- What happened to you today? , Selected Short Novels, 2003
- The Sea God Family ( Matsu and her bodyguards ), novel, 2004
- 21st century essays, Selected Essays, 2006
- Time in Europe Essays, 2006
- Time in Germany, essays, 2007
- Smiling Cups movie script, 2007
- Mazus bodyguards on stage in Taipei.
- The island of the goddess. Spring Verlag, Munich, 2008. ISBN 978-3-940233-13-4