Matthieu I of Montmorency
Mathieu de Montmorency I. ( German: Matthias; † 1160 ) was a Lord of Montmorency and from 1138 a Constable of France. He was the son of Burkhard III. , Lord of Montmorency, and Agnes of Beaumont.
The political connections of his mother's relationship allowed him to establish his family in the top echelons of France. He married 1126 in Alix 's first marriage, an illegitimate daughter of King Henry I Beauclerc, his second wife Adelheid of Savoy in 1141, which the French King Louis VI 's widow. thickness. A few years earlier, in 1138, he was appointed Constable. In this capacity he participated in the government of France during the absence of King Louis VII of the boy because of the Second Crusade in part.
From his marriage with Alix he had five or six children:
- Heinrich ( † July 24 before 1160 )
- Burkhard IV († 1189 ), Lord of Montmorency, ∞ Laurette of Hainaut, daughter of Baldwin IV, Count of Hainaut
- Theobald, Lord of Marly
- Hervé ( † March 25, 1192 ), mental
- Maithias I ( † 1204), Lord of Marly and Attichy
- ? Adelheid ( Aelis ) ( † February 25 ), ∞ Gasce of Poissy († August 14, 1189 )
See also master list of Montmorency