Life and work
Michael Albert lives in Boston. Together with Robin Hahnel Michael Albert developed a vision for an economic system which he calls Participatory Economics ( participatory economics ). Albert postulates a society that is still controlled neither by markets of central planning and knows neither competition nor control. Instead, this company is based on participatory planning and sharing. While there is no ownership of the means of production, money remains as a means of payment. The fundamental principle of participatory economics: Every man should have a say in decisions in the extent to which he or she is affected by these.
Michael Albert is editor of ZNet, and co-editor of the Internet platform and co-founder of the political web magazine Z- Magazine ( Z- Mag). He is the founder of the publishing house South End Press and the author of numerous books and articles. He is also a member of the Provisional Committee of the International Organization for Participatory Society.
- Thought Dreams., Workers Ringpress
- Thinking Forward. , Workers Ringpress
- Moving Forward. Program for a Participatory Economy. AK Press, 1997
- Participatory economics. Life After Capitalism. Verso Books, London 2004, ISBN 1-84467-505- X
- Participatory economics. Life after capitalism. Nevertheless Verlag, Frankfurt / M. 2005, ISBN 3-931786-33-1
- Remembering Tomorrow: From SDS to Life After Capitalism - A Memoir. Seven Stories Press, 2007, ISBN 978-1-583-22742-8
- From capitalism to participatory economics. In: Federico Campagna, Emanuele Campiglio (ed.): What are we fighting. Manifesto of the radical collective ( = LAIKATheorie. Band 25). Laika -Verlag, Hamburg, 2013, ISBN 978-3-942281-51-5 ( information from the publisher ).