Miguel Coimbra (born 9 December 1977) is a French freelance illustrator and graphic artist of Portuguese origin.
According to information from Coimbra began with the drawing in his childhood, his special interest in games and the fantasy theme is by the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering been awakened. 2005 Coimbra moved to Lyon and worked as a graphic designer for the resident video game developer Eden Games, worked with, among others, the titles of Test Drive Unlimited and Alone in the Dark.
Since 2006, Coimbra is mainly active as an illustrator for board and card games. Among his better-known works include the board games Small World and Cyclades, and the card game 7 Wonders. Illustrations of it are also found in some trading card games, including World of Warcraft Trading Card Game and Star Wars Galaxies. In addition, Coimbra also illustrated several book covers and concept art for computer games.
Illustrated Games (selection)
- 2006: BattleLore (Days of Wonder / Fantasy Flight Games ), with other
- 2007: Grave Diggers ( Twilight Creations ), English version of bank robbery (2005, Piatnik )
- 2008: Giants ( Matagot )
- 2009: The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac ( Edge Entertainment / Pegasus Spiele ), with other
- 2009: Cyclades ( Matagot ) and extensions
- 2009: Small World (Days of Wonder ) and extensions
- 2010: 7 Wonders ( Repos Production ) and extensions
- 2011: Small World Underground ( Days of Wonder)
- 2011: Cargo Noir (Days of Wonder )
- 2011: The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus ( Edge Entertainment ), with other
- 2012: City of Horror ( Repos Production )