Neustria Neustria, or was at the time 511-737 of the north-western part of the Frankish empire, between the Loire and Scheldt. Throughout the Merovingian dynasty ruled this part of the empire.
Neustria had in the period of its existence often fight out wars with its eastern neighbor Austrasia, these two countries were, however, often in personal union with each other.
Neustria was reaching consequences of the kingdom of Soissons, forerunner of the West Frankish kingdom. Its leaders led all the title of King.
Kings of Neustria
- 584-629 Chlothar II the Young
- 629-639 Dagobert I. The Good ( in personal union )
- 639-657 Clovis II
- 657-673 Clotaire III.
- 673-673 Theodoric III.
- 673-675 Childeric II ( in personal union )
- 675-691 Theodoric III. ( 2nd time)
- 691-695 Clovis III.
- 695-711 Childebert III.
- 711-715 Dagobert III.
- 715-721 Chilperic II ( brother of Daniel )
- 721-737 Theodoric IV
- 737-741 Charles Martel (as Meier house and in personal union )
- 741-743 Pippin III. (as house Meier )
- 743-751 Childeric III.