The Christiansborg Palace, also known as Osu Castle, in Ghana's capital Accra is a 1652 -built castle on the coast of the Gulf of Guinea. Since 1957 it is the seat of the Ghanaian government. The castle stands on a point at which the Portuguese have a fortified building erected in 1550. The castle was built in 1652 by Sweden and conquered in 1658 by Denmark. At this time it was given its present name. From 1680 to 1682 Portugal was able to conquer the castle, from 1682 to 1683 it fell to the local Akwamu strain before the Danes bought them back. From 1693 to 1694 they were able to conquer the locals again before the Danes took the castle finally regained possession. The castle was used mainly as a base for slave hunters who so massively prisoners made in the region that the castle was extended a few years after the Danish takeover by another prison outside the walls to hold 300 to 400 slaves can, to a ship arrived to transport to the sugar plantations on the Danish Virgin Islands.
1850, the castle was sold to the United Kingdom. The British built the castle so that it was from 1877 to 1957 the seat of the Governor of the Gold Coast. Since Ghana's independence in 1957 it is the seat of the Ghanaian government. It is not open to the public and may not be photographed. A suburb of Accra has the same name, or Osu Christiansborg. Christiansborg Palace is a historic fort of about 35 of the Ghanaian coast.
5.5630555555556 - 0.17694444444444Koordinaten: 5 ° 33 ' 47 " N, 0 ° 10' 37 " W