Radepont is a commune with 741 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2011 ) in the department of Eure in the Haute -Normandie; it belongs to the arrondissement Les Andelys and the canton of Fleury- sur- Andelle. The village lies on the banks of the river Andelle.
From the founded in the 11th century Cistercian Abbey of Notre -Dame de Fontaine- Guérard, there are only ruins of the Gothic, Anglo-Norman building, for example, the Abbey, the Convention and the chapel. The church was consecrated at the beginning of the 13th century, built the chapel in the 15th century. The abbey was dissolved in the wake of the French Revolution (1789-1799) and sold. In 1937, she was officially recognized as a historic monument. On the site of a romantic park was created in the 19th century. Parts of the park are part of a project to make the attempt authentic monastery gardens.
In the 19th century a mill was built in the style of a neo-gothic Cathedral near the ruins of the abbey. The walls of the abandoned abbey served to as a " quarry ". The mill was closed in 1946 after a fire and bought in 1960 by the Eure Region. It should remain as an industrial monument in its present condition.
The municipal area protected geographical indication ( PGI ) for Pork ( Porc de Normandie), poultry ( Volailles de Normandie) and cider ( Cidre de Normandie and cider normand ) apply.