Santana Piedra started his professional career with the CF Pachuca, for he stood nearly six years under contract ( beginning 2000 to December 2005). His Erstligadebüt he gave on May 7, 2000 in Pachuca in a home match against Deportivo Toluca, which lost its team with 2:4. He played a total of 180 games for Pachuca and scored 44 goals. Thus he is the most successful Mexican striker CF Pachuca División since the founding of the Primera because he was surpassed in this respect only by the Argentina's Gabriel Caballero.
Before the start of the Clausura 2006 he was engaged by Chivas Guadalajara to enhance Adolfo Bautista in the forward line. After all, the two players had been together with Pachuca won the Apertura 2003. The gamble paid off actually, because Guadalajara won the following year, the Apertura 2006.
- Mexican champions (3): Invierno 2001 and Apertura 2003 ( with Pachuca ) and Apertura 2006 ( with Guadalajara)
- CONCACAF Champions ' Cup winner (1): 2002 ( with Pachuca)
References / Links
- Portrait photo of the player on the official website of Chivas Guadalajara (in Spanish)
- Career statistics on Mediotiempo (in Spanish)
- Football players (Mexico)
- Mexican champions ( football)
- Born in 1979