S&P Dow Jones Indices
The U.S. company Dow Jones Indexes stemmed from a joint venture of Dow Jones & Company and CME Group.
Dow Jones & Company here brought their entire index, including the one in Europe as Dow Jones index known Dow Jones Industrial Average, and the CME Group their market data services. In addition, the CME Group paid 607.5 million U.S. dollars to Dow Jones & Company. In the joint venture Dow Jones & Company is involved with ten percent and CME Group with 90%. The company's headquarters is located in Princeton, New Jersey.
McGraw -Hill negotiated with the CME Group through a joint venture of the S & P Indices and Dow Jones Indexes. In the joint venture McGraw- Hill would be about 75% and CME Group will hold approximately 25%. The former minority owner Dow Jones & Company would remain involved in the single digits.
The company offers approximately 130,000 indices for a variety of economic sectors.
Indexes from Dow Jones
- Dow Jones Composite Average
- Dow Jones Global Titans
- Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Dow Jones Transportation Average
- Dow Jones Utility Average
- Dow Jones Stoxx Insurance
- Dow Jones U.S. Large Cap Growth
- Dow Jones U.S. Large Cap Value
- Dow Jones U.S. Small Cap Growth
- Dow Jones U.S. Small Cap Value
- Dow Jones Total Stock Market Index
- Dow Jones -UBS Commodity Index