The Tages-Anzeiger ( colloquially called Tagi, abbreviated TA) is a national Swiss daily newspaper in Zurich. It belongs to Tamedia, fell below the subscription newspapers in the country 's second highest circulation ( 188'602 copies, according to WEMF 2012) behind the look and reach 504'000 daily readers ( MACH Basic 2013-2 ). The Tages-Anzeiger is one next to the view and the Neue Zürcher Zeitung of the most influential newspapers of the German-speaking Switzerland.
The Tages-Anzeiger is published by the publishing house Tamedia. His focus is on the so-called " million - Zurich " (city and agglomeration of Zurich ).
- Chief Editor: Res Strehle
- Publishing Director: Marcel Tappeiner
- Publisher: Pietro Supino
- Ombudsman: Ignaz dust (previously Arthur Liener )
Structure and content
The Tages-Anzeiger is divided since the redesign in 2009 in four fascicles:
- The first fascicle ( header page ) contains news and commentary from Switzerland and abroad, an analysis page, the weather, the reader forum and the downside (the latter as a platform for tabloid reports). The originally placed on the front page main comment was moved to page two.
- The second part is entitled Zurich and includes regional news from the city and canton of Zurich, legal notices, a calendar of events ( agenda ), and the page Bellevue for younger readers with a comic strip and the like.
- The third part is the name of culture and society, and contains, among other cultural news, cinema, theater and television as well as the knowledge side.
- In the last fascicle of the economic and the sports section are combined together, the sport is to be read from back to front. The business section contains the one hand, economic news and on the other hand market prices and exchange data; the sport is divided into general sports news as well as regional sports.
By 2009, the TA was divided into five fascicles that had still modeled on the classic newspaper departments: head sheet, Zurich and Region, economy, sports and culture.
The Tages-Anzeiger week following enclosures are in:
- New York Times International Weekly, collection of selected New York Times articles, Mondays
- Züritipp, monthly magazine for the greater Zurich, Thursdays, then replaces the cinema and theater program in the cultural part
- The magazine, Saturdays
- Alpha Squad and specialist market, Saturdays
The first edition of the Tages-Anzeiger published on March 2, 1893 with a circumference of 16 pages. With a mix of news, entertainment (such as a serial novel ), Sport and displaying said the Tages-Anzeiger at a broad audience and explicitly and women. Only three years after its launch, the Tagi was the largest subscribed daily newspaper in Switzerland. He saw himself as an impartial indicator which let to speak all opinions and actors. As historian Konrad Zollinger writes, this attitude had economic reasons: " Because if you did not judge, you could also upset anyone - neither the reader, ie buyers - yet the advertiser, ie donors. " This also meant that in 1931 an article Adolf Hitler with the title " What we want Nazis " and 1933 seven articles were reprinted by Benito Mussolini. Reporting on the Frontists in the 1930s was critical and took a lot of space.
Founder of the Tages-Anzeiger were the German newspaper publisher Wilhelm Girardet and former NZZ editor Fritz Walz. 1905 married the editor Otto Coninx the publisher 's daughter Berta Girardet. Later Otto Coninx gradually took over the majority in the company, which later became the media group Tamedia emerged that still majority owned by the Coninx family.
In 1964, the Tages-Anzeiger has performed the first daily newspaper in Switzerland an early delivery. The new service of the cut-off date was moved from early morning to late afternoon. The printing of the paper is carried out since the night.
In the following years, the Tages-Anzeiger expanded its supplements. 1966 appeared the first time the job supplement Stellen-Anzeiger, 1970, the Tages-Anzeiger magazine and 1982, the monthly magazine Züritipp. The executive market - since 1997 designed to Executive Positions Job Supplement Alpha appears. Since September 2010, the Tages-Anzeiger Monday a collection of selected original article from the New York Times will be settled in the English language.
In August 2008, the online service has been greatly expanded. The Tages-Anzeiger Since that time together with the Basel and the Berner Zeitung, the online platform Newsnet connected with their own regional editorial offices in Zurich, Basel and Berne. In November 2008, also The Federation was incorporated into the online Newsnet. The general editorial office in Zurich is responsible for the non-regional content. In May 2009, the Tages-Anzeiger announced a reduction of 57 points ( including 50 full-time ). The Tages-Anzeiger was confronted with the accusation that this degradation is vonstattengegangen not completely clean. Launched in 2005 the Tages-Anzeiger regional output Left lakeshore and Sihltal that were delivered in this area all Tagi subscribers along with the daily newspaper. 2006, the regional editions of the right bank of Lake Zurich, the Zurich Oberland and the Zurich lowlands were added. In October 2009, a new layout and a new structure was implemented. In June 2012, the regional editions were discontinued. In August 2013, the two editors were print and online together and create future content for all channels together.