Tamedia AG is one of the major media companies in Switzerland. Main competitors in the Zurich area are the NZZ Group and Ringier.
Most important publication is the Tages-Anzeiger, a daily newspaper for the greater Zurich area with national broadcasts. In addition to the Tages-Anzeiger, the media company moved more newspapers;
- 20 minutes ( commuter newspaper on weekdays, German Switzerland )
- 20 minutes ( commuter newspaper on weekdays, Romandie)
- Alpha ( Supplement)
- Bantiger Post ( free newspaper )
- Bernerbär ( free newspaper )
- Bernese Oberland ( daily newspaper )
- Berner Zeitung ( newspaper )
- Bümplizstrasse week ( free newspaper )
- The federal government ( daily newspaper )
- Financial and economic ( business newspaper, twice a week)
- Furttaler ( free newspaper )
- L' essentiel ( commuter newspaper on weekdays, Luxembourg )
- Glattaler ( free newspaper )
- Kilchberger ( free newspaper )
- New Bülacher Tageblatt ( newspaper )
- Rümlang ( free newspaper )
- Swiss farmer (twice a week )
- Stellen-Anzeiger ( Supplement)
- Tagblatt the city of Zurich
- Tages-Anzeiger ( daily newspaper )
- Thun Tageblatt ( newspaper )
- Volketswiler ( free newspaper )
- Zolliker messenger ( free newspaper )
- Zurich Low Countries ( daily newspaper )
- Zürcher Oberland ( daily newspaper )
- Züritipp ( Supplement)
For publisher also include various magazines:
- Annabelle ( women's magazine, 14 - day)
- The magazine ( Supplement)
- Swiss family (Family Illustrated )
- TVtäglich ( TV supplement, weekly)
Between 1995 and 2007, the company also moved the news magazine Facts (weekly ), and between 2007 and 2009 along with the Basler Zeitung Medien, the commuter newspaper News. After the Basler Zeitung Medien had retired in the summer of 2009 through the project, presented a Tamedia News on December 4, 2009.
In addition, the group also included some of the leading local stations ( TeleZüri TeleBärn, Radio 24 ), which they sold to AZ Media 2011. Was not successful, the national television TV3, was involved in the Tamedia to 50 percent and was set in 2001 after only two years.
On the Internet, the company is particularly Jobwinner ( job board ), Alpha ( squads platform ) as well as home gate (real estate), stops at the Tamedia 45 percent, active, while other platforms were reinstated for classified advertising ( Auction Winner, Price Winner ), run under a different name ( Realty Winner ) or risen in cooperation with another provider are ( CarWinner, PartnerWinner ).
Electronic media Tamedia AG:
- 20 Minuten Online ( news website in German language )
- 20 minutes online ( news website in French)
- Alpha.ch (job site )
- Capital FM ( private radio station in Bern )
- Homegate.ch (real estate portal)
- Jobup.ch (job site )
- Jobwinner.ch (job site )
- Newsnet ( news website )
- Piazza.ch ( Classified site )
- Search.ch (directory site )
- ( set music streaming service by the end of 2011 ) soundshack.ch
- Swissfriends.ch ( brokerage )
- Tilllate.com ( Nightlife - Portal)
Acquisitions and dispositions
In May 2007, Tamedia announced the merger with the Berne Espace Media Groupe. In a first step, Tamedia took over 80 percent of the share capital by the couple Franziska and Erwin Reinhard joke, former majority owners of papyrus Switzerland and Charles von Graffenried, owner of the von Graffenried Holding. In the course of a buyback offer Tamedia acquired subsequently to May 2008, a further 19 per cent of the share capital and paid the remaining shareholders.
On 3 March 2009 Tamedia and Edipresse announced to merge their operations in the Swiss market. For this Tamedia initially acquired 49.9 percent of the share capital of Presse Publications SR SA ( a subsidiary of Edipresse, in the Swiss media activities are bundled). 2011 built Tamedia this participation from 51.1 percent. For the first two investment steps Tamedia paid 226 million francs. The merger was approved in September 2009 by the Federal Competition Commission. On 8 April 2011 Tamedia and Edipresse announced the complete acquisition of Presse Publications SR SA Tamedia will take place in 2011 rather than in 2013.
On 15 April 2010 Tamedia announced plans to sell the Thurgau newspaper Freie Presse Holding (Neue Zürcher Zeitung ) and to take over the Lake Zurich newspaper, The New Bülacher day sheet and the Zürcher countries in return.
2011 announced Tamedia that they had sold the two regional stations TeleZüri and TeleBärn to the AZ Media. In the same year Radio 24 was sold to the radio Medien AG, (AZ Media ) is owned by the BT Holding the Aargau publisher Peter Wanner.
From 1 July 2013, the company holds 75 % of the second largest ticket marketer of Switzerland Starticket. There is an option that Tamedia 2018 by Peter Hürlimann and the management team takes over more shares.