Timo Bernhard ( born February 24, 1981 in Homburg ) is a German racing driver.
Bernhard began at the age of 10 years karting. The first stop was the Kart - Slalom, where in his first year he won the Palatine Championship 1991. Then he went kart racing, where in 1993 he won the Baden Cup and 1994 the DMV Championship. Significant was the year 1995, in which he won the German Junior Kart Cup and the DMV Junior Cup and finished 5th at the Junior Kart Championship. After he drove two successful years in the German Kart Championship, he switched to Formula racing.
The next stops were the Formula Ford and Porsche Carrera Cup before Bernard made his debut in 2001 with a 2nd place in the GT class at the 12 Hours of Sebring. In that year he became champion in the Porsche Carrera Cup, where he won also the first Porsche Junior driver a run Michelin Supercup for themselves. In 2002, the first as a Porsche factory driver, he drove in the American Le Mans Series. He has since celebrated many successes in the GT2 class of the American Le Mans Series and in 2004 was also champion in this class. Another great success in his career was his overall win in a Porsche 996 GT3 RS at the 24 - hour race at Daytona in 2003.
Since 2006 he starts in a Porsche RS Spyder for Penske team in the prototype LMP2 class.
The year 2007 was for Timo Bernhard of great importance. He won the American Le Mans Series LMP2 class is in the prototype, as well as he could go with his team-mate Romain Dumas, with eight races the overall victory. In addition, Timo Bernhard in 2006 with Lucas Luhr, Mike Rockenfeller and Marcel Tiemann won the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. He could 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2011 to repeat this success.
Since the 2011 season, Timo Bernhard also runs successfully in the German Rally Championship, with one appointed by the Penske Porsche GT3 Cup Sportwagenzentrum ST. The core team under the guidance of his father Bernhard Rüdiger is the team 75
In 2010 he won the major 24 -hour race of Le Mans 2010 with Romain Dumas and Mike Rockenfeller in an Audi R15.
- 2011: overall winner 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2010: overall winner 24 - hour race at Le Mans
- 2009: overall winner 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2008: 1st place American Le Mans Series ( LMP2 )
- 2008: overall winner 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2008: overall winner 12 - hour race at Sebring
- 2007: 1st place American Le Mans Series ( LMP2 )
- 2007: total victory 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2006: 1st place Petit Le Mans ( LMP2 )
- 2006: overall win American Le Mans Series race at Mid-Ohio
- 2006: overall winner 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2004: 1st place American Le Mans Series ( GT)
- 2004: 1st place Petit Le Mans
- 2004: 1st place 12 - hour race at Sebring (GT )
- 2003: overall winner 24 - hour race at Daytona
- 2003: 2nd place American Le Mans Series ( GT)
- 2002: 1st place 24 -hour race of Le Mans ( GT)
- 2002: 1st place 24 - hour race at Daytona (GT )
- 2002: 2nd place 24 -hour race at the Nürburgring
- 2002: 3rd place Porsche Michelin Supercup
- 2001: 1st place Porsche Carrera Cup
- 2000: 3rd place Porsche Carrera Cup
- 1999: 3rd place German Formula Ford Championship
- 1998: 6th in Formula Ford Eurocup
- 1997: 3rd place German Kart Championship
- 1995: 1st place German Junior Kart Cup
- 1995: 5th place CIK / FIA Junior Kart Championship
- 1995: 1st place DMV Junior Cup
- 1994: 1st place DMV Federal Championship A- Junior
- 1993: 1st place ADAC Baden A- Junior
- 1991 ADAC Masters Palatinate Youth Kart Slalom