White is a municipality in the Kocher in the Hohenlohe district, in Baden -Württemberg.
- 2.1 Legend
- 2.2 districts 2.2.1 Crispenhofen
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms and Flag
- 4.1 Established businesses
- 4.2 Education
- 4.3 Sport
Weissenbach is located in the middle Kochertal at the mouth of Long Bach into the cooker 200-430 meters above sea level, 10 km west of the county town Künzelsau. The municipality comprises the formerly independent villages Weissbach the hamlet Guthof and Crispenhofen with the hamlet Halberg.
To Weissbach heard the former municipality Crispenhofen. For the former municipality Crispenhofen include the village Crispenhofen and the hamlet Halberg and the dialed villages Breitental, Entberg, Wallenstein and Hettenbach. The municipality Weissbach within the frontiers of 31 December 1973 include the village of Weissenbach, the hamlet Guthof and the house Schlossle.
Weissbach is first mentioned in documents in 1283. Weissbach, old Wysbach, named after the white foamy stream, was originally part of the rule Forchtenberg -Wulf rings.
In the late Middle Ages, the salt production begins. In the neighboring village of Lower Hall brine was promoted, which then flowed through wooden pipes to two salt pans to Weissenbach, where the salt was recovered by heating. However, in the 18th century, the salt production became unprofitable because of the salt content of the brine had decreased. From one of the saltworks was then a mill. After the burning end of the 19th century a textile factory was founded in the same place. This was after the occurrence of Konrad Hornschuch as a shareholder in 1920 to Kunsttofffabrik and was at times even the largest employer in the district of Hohenlohe. The other saline is commonly known as Schlossle and housed on the task of Saline long time a farm.
Mid-1920s, then reached the railway (Kocher Valley Railway ) Weissbach. The passenger, however, was in 1980 replaced by buses and freight decommissioned in 1990. Meanwhile, the tracks are dismantled and the path is in many places (like between Weissenbach and Forchtenberg ) used as a bike path.
The Protestant Church White Bach is a listed building since 1929, at a restoration of medieval frescoes in 1923 fragments were discovered and exposed. The images began to crumble from the damp walls in the 1930s. 1937 had to be completely demolished when a new renovation a wall, whereby a part of the painting could not be saved. In another repair 1957 paintings were again discovered that were successfully restored. All paintings are believed to have originated shortly before 1400 and showed or show scenes from the Calvary of Jesus. Up to the straightening of the digester, the church was formerly sometimes flooded at high tide.
The inhabitants White Bach have the Ortsnecknamen madder Stecher. This goes back to the legend that the Weißenbacher were so poor that they had stabbed ( Ravens on Hohenlohisch ) claws to eat these. Young ravens should taste like pigeons. In commemoration of this legend is called the bi -annual festival streets in Weissbach madder Engraver Hard.
Crispenhofen was originally Cries Bachhofen, so called because it was a farm near Criesbach or, according to other data, the courtyard of a Lords of Criegesbach. Crispenhofen is first mentioned in documents in 1344. In previous centuries, this was also the major site of today's community Weissbach. Since industrialization, however, has changed rapidly and sustainably so. Above Crisp Hofens is the existing hamlet of several houses Halberg, who belonged to the incorporation at the Crispenhofen.
The majority of the population is Protestant. After the Second World War, Catholics attracted to Weissenbach. Meanwhile, there are, besides the two Protestant churches in Weissbach and Crispenhofen ever a Catholic, a New Apostolic in Weissbach and a Baptist church in Crispenhofen.
The municipal election held on 13 June 2004 showed the following distribution of seats:
Coat of arms and flag
The blazon of the coat of arms Weißenbacher is: Under a silver shield head, in a border, red and reinforced bezungter red, black lion guardant (Leopard ), in red a silver wave links oblique beams. The municipal flag is white and red.
A Weißenbacher seal of 1831 showed three trees. By consulting the Archives Directorate Stuttgart put Weissbach in 1958 a coat of arms found in the shaft of the bar refers to the municipality of origin ( bach ), while the leopard is taken from the coat of arms of Hohenlohe and accessories White Bach zu Hohenlohe -represented since 1323. The flag colors are the Hohenlohe house colors. Coat of arms and flag were presented to the community on January 19, 1959 by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of the Interior.
Economy and infrastructure
Weissenbach is located on the Kocher - Bike Path and the Württemberg wine route of the former Swabian Wine Road. The economy was predominantly agricultural until the early 20th century, since the heavy industrialization of the Kocher, however, play only agriculture and viticulture a very subordinate role.
Konrad Hornschuch AG (manufacturer of dc-fix films and skai synthetic leather ) has its headquarters in Weissbach. The company site dates back to the 1891 opened on the site of spent grinding mill textile mill Schaufler & Wundt, which was built in 1898 converted into a GmbH, which developed in the following years to the manufacturer of Calico and synthetic leather and 1927 went up in the originally established in Urbach Konrad Hornschuch AG. After a major fire had the work in Weissbach 1968 almost completely destroyed, there arose a new production facility, which eventually became the headquarters of the company in 1976.
Weissbach has its own primary school and two kindergartens Protestant ( Weissbach and Crispenhofen ) and a library.
Weissbach has a gym and a sports and a hard place. In Crispenhofen there is a tennis court.