- 2.1 Population development
The municipality is situated approximately 20 kilometers west of Lyon in the eastern foothills of the mountains Monts du Lyonnais. Neighboring communities of Yzeron are:
- Courzieu in the north,
- Vaugneray in the Northeast,
- Saint -Laurent -de- Vaux to the east,
- Thurins in the southeast,
- Saint -Martin- en-Haut in the southwest and
- Saint- Genis- l'Argentière in the West.
The municipality is crossed by the river of the same Yzeron whose headwaters located west of the main town. There he was dammed to form a small lake, the banks of a leisure center has emerged. Besides the village Yzeron itself, the hamlet Château Vieux is of greater importance.
The community is located off on regional roads. The local transport links made by the department D489 road that connects Yzeron with Lyon.
- Église de Château Vieux, Romanesque church from the 11th century - Monument historique