History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Year of the Metal Ox辛丑( at the beginning of the year metal rat庚子)
- Black-figure vase painting (since 630 BC)
Politics and World Affairs
- The Neo-Babylonian King Amel -Marduk is murdered in his second year of reign. He is followed by his brother Nergal - sarra - usur ( accession year ). His first arrangement as heir to the throne comes from August 4.
- The Greek politicians Peisistratos storms with a band of armed followers of the Acropolis and can be proclaimed tyrant. He is a little later overthrown by Lycurgus and Megakles.
- 565/560 BC: Arcesilaus II is the successor of his father King Battus II of Cyrene.
Science and Technology
- In the Babylonian calendar, the Babylonian New Year the first Nisannu falls on the 19th - 20th March; the full moon in Nisannu to the 2nd - 3rd April and the first Tašritu on the 12th - 13th September.
- 560 BC: The Amphiaraos painter made in Corinth Amphiaraos the crater. The column krater is one of the major works of the red-ground vase painting of Corinth.
- 560 BC: The Tydeus Painter made in Corinth numerous spätkorinthisch - black- vases.
- Amel -Marduk, the Babylonian king
- 560 BC: Solon, Athenian politician and reformer
- 565/560 BC: Battus II, King of Cyrene