Afa ( Corsican: AFA) is a commune in the southern part of Corsica, eight kilometers northeast of Ajaccio, with 2881 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011).
The municipality is located north of Gozzi Rock ( Rocher des Gozzi ), an impressive reddish rock massif of 716 meters above sea level, dominates.
Afa was originally a part of the community Bocognano. Because of cessions of territory of the municipalities Sarrola (now Sarrola - Carcopino ) in the Northeast, Mezzana ( today Valle di Mezzana ) in the north and Alata in the West, was established in 1852, the community Afa. The first mayor, Carlo Calvelli, the church ruled from 1852 to 1858. All residents at that time were shepherds who lived in the summer and in the winter Bocognano in Afa.
- Parish Church
- War memorial in front of the town hall (sculptor: Noël Bonardi )
Rocher des Gozzi
Afa | Ajaccio | Alata | Albitreccia | Ambiegna | Appietto | Arbori | Arro | Azilone - Ampaza | Azzana | Balogna | Bastelica | Bastelicaccia | Bocognano | Calcatoggio | Campo | Cannelle | Carbuccia | Cardo - Torgia | Cargese | Casaglione | Cauro | Ciamannacce | coggia | Cognocoli - Monticchi | Corrano | Coti -Chiavari | Cozzano | Cristinacce | Cuttoli- Corticchiat | Eccica -Suarella | Évisa | Forciolo | Frasseto | Grosseto- Prugna | Guagno | Guargualé | Guitera -les- Bains | Letia | Lopigna | Marignana | Murzo | Ocana | Orto | Osani | Ota | Palneca | Partinello | Pastricciola | Peri | Piana | Pietronella | Pila -Canale | Poggiolo | Quasquara | Renno | Rezza | Rosazia | Salice | Sampolo | Sant'Andréa - d'Orcino | Santa - Maria- Siché | Sari- d'Orcino | Sarrola - Carcopino | Serra -di-Ferro | Serriera | Soccia | Tasso | Tavaco | Tavera | Tolla | Ucciani | Urbalacone | Valle- di -Mezzana | Vero | Vico | Villanova | Zévaco | Zicavo | Zigliara
- Commune in the department of Corse- du- Sud
- Place in Corsica