Eva Briegel family first lived in Böblingen and moved in 1982 after Langgoens in central Hesse. From 1985, Briegel attended the local primary school, from 1989, the Anne Frank School in Linden. Finally, after a year in the sixth form in the Liebigschule casting she made her Abitur in 1998 at Gesamtschule Gießen- Ost.
During the last years of her school, she sang in various bands and projects and was interested in a musical career, however, she studied a semester in Heidelberg, then she spent thirteen semester in various subjects at the Justus -Liebig- University of Giessen. She also sold PCs and worked in a bar
By publishing Goodwell Music she came 2000 on the band Sunny Glade, which sought a replacement for their previous singer Miriam Adameit. Eva Briegel told and so became the new lead singer of the band, renamed in 2001 in July. The first single perfect wave and the album It's July were successful. In October 2006, the new album was a new day.
Eva Briegel is with guitarist Andy Penn pop band MIA. romantically involved. Their first child, daughter Yoko, came in the spring of 2010 to the world. Penn also worked as a guest musician on the third of July album In Love, which was released in September 2010.
Collaboration with other artists
- For the book published in summer 2004 album This Very Moment of the Hessian Dance Project Hacienda ( the later date, a few remixes of July titles published ) they contributed the song Half a Step in her voice.
- In December 2006, convinced vegetarian applied a Vegetarismuskampagne the animal rights organization PETA, by letting be mapped for display in a top of kale.
- Eva Briegel supports an environmental protection campaign that trees in Panama are planted in balance with the costs of concerts and tours CO2 emissions.
- In 2008, she played the lead role in the music video Sad girl by Sven van Thom.
- Eva Briegel belonged to the German jury of the Euro Vision Song Contest 2011 in Dusseldorf.