December 3 is the 337th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 338th in leap years), thus 28 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2004: The panel of judges of the Supreme Court in Kiev explains the ballot of the presidential elections held on 21 November in the Ukraine for election fraud for invalid and sets a new runoff election between Viktor Yanukovych and Viktor Yushchenko for the 26th of December.
- 2007: On the Indonesian island of Bali, the 13th UN Climate Change Conference opened on launch negotiations on the follow- up agreement to the Kyoto Protocol expires in 2012, until December 14.
Science and Technology
- 2003: The twin-engine business jet Honda HA -420 take off on its maiden flight.
- 2006: The tallest chimney in Germany, the 337 -meter-high chimney of the former power station in Westerholt is busted. It is the tallest free -standing structure that has been busted ever controlled.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Nature and Environment
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 0183 BC: Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, Roman general and statesman
- 0298: Cassian of Tangier, Roman martyr, possibly recorder ( traditionally accepted day)
- 1099: Osmund Sées, Lord Chancellor and Holy
- 1154: Anastasius IV, Pope
- 1266: Henry White, Duke of Silesia -Breslau
- 1388: Peter Stromer, German Council of Commerce and Lord, Creator of the Nuremberg coniferous forest crops
- 1552: Francisco de Xavier, Spanish missionary in Asia, co-founder of the Society of Jesus
- 1761: Adolf Jasper of Ahlefeldt, canon of the cathedral chapter of the Lübeck Cathedral
- 1771: Jacob Wosky of Bear tribe, Sorbian priest, administrator of the Diocese of Meissen in the Lusatias
- 1817: August Eberhard Müller, German composer and choirmaster
- 1823: Giovanni Battista Belzoni, Italian adventurer
- 1839: . Frederick VI, King of Denmark and Norway
- 1854: Johann Peter Eckermann, German poet and writer, editorial staff Goethe
- 1857: Christian Daniel Rauch, German sculptor
- 1866: Johann Wenzel Kalliwoda, Bohemian composer
- 1876 : Hermann Köchly, German classical scholar
- 1885: Carl Rosenberg, Danish journalist and historian
- 1888: Carl Zeiss, German mechanic and entrepreneur, founder of Carl Zeiss
- 1891: Wilhelm Kergel, Austrian classicist
- 1894: Robert Louis Stevenson, British writer from Scotland ( Treasure Island, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde )
- 1896: Paul André, Swiss politician
- 2001: Grady Martin, American guitarist
- 2001: Horst Winter, German -Austrian musician
- 2002: Klaus Löwitsch, German actor
- 2002: Glenn Quinn, American actor
- 2003: Winfred Gaul, German artist
- 2003: David Hemmings, English actor
- 2003: Otto Schlecht, German State Secretary
- 2004: Maria Perschy, Austrian actress
- 2004: Josef Berger sponge, German SS NCO, Ghetto and concentration camp manager, mass murderer
- 2005: Lance Dossor, British- Australian pianist and Professor
- 2005: Herbert Hax, German economist and economist
- 2006: Logan Whitehurst, American drummer and singer
- 2009: Ibrahim Hassan Addow, Somali politician and minister
- 2009: Richard Todd, British actor
- 2010: Hugues Cuénod, Swiss tenor
- 2011: Dev Ānand, Indian actor, director and producer
- 2011: Vera F. Birkenbihl, German management trainer and author
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St Francis Xavier, Spanish nobleman, apostolic nuncio and patron (Catholic, Anglican, Protestant: ELCA )
- Aemilie Juliane of Barby - Mühlingen, German poet songs ( Protestant)
- St. Cassian of Tangier, North African martyrs (Catholic, evangelical feast day is October 28 )
- St. Abbo of Auxerre, monk, abbot and bishop ( Catholic)
- Name Days Gerlinde
- Anniversaries of international organizations International Day of Persons with Disabilities ( UN) (since 1993)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in December