History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · Elections · Obituary · Literature · Movie year year year · radio · sports year
Metal Horse (庚午, 7) - Metal Sheep (辛未, 8)
- 2.1 January
- 2.2 in February
- 2.3 March
- 2.4 April
- 2.5 May
- 2.6 in June
- 2.7 in July
- 2.8 August
- 2.9 September
- 2:10 October
- 2:11 November
- 2:12 December
- 2:13 Accurate birth unknown
- 3.1 January
- 3.2 in February
- 3.3 March
- 3.4 April
- 3.5 May
- 3.6 in June
- 3.7 in July
- 3.8 August
- 3.9 September
- 3:10 October
- 3:11 November
- 3:12 December
- 3:13 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- May 27: The Swiss scientist Auguste Piccard starts with his assistant Paul Kipfer in a stratospheric balloon during the place Gersthofen to explore the higher air layers. Both are advancing on the hitherto unattained height of 15,781 meters. The balloon goes on Gurgler Further down in Obergurgl.
- AUGUST 21: Manfred von Ardenne unveiled at the Berlin Radio Exhibition in public before the international first fully electronic experimental arrangement for transmitting moving images.
- Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley developed in the cyclotron, thereby laying the foundation for modern high energy physics.
- Kurt Gödel published his most important work About formally undecidable propositions of Principia mathematica and related systems with the proof of Godel's incompleteness theorem.
- Louis Leon Thurstone developed the Multiple Factor Analysis.
- Dethleffs invents under the name " auto living " for a business trip, the first caravan.
- The American chemist Harold C. Urey discovered deuterium, heavy hydrogen.
- Founding of the Whitney Museum of American Art
- January 30: In Los Angeles, the world premiere of Charles Chaplin's film City Lights takes place.
- February 19: In Berlin, the resulting directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst film The Threepenny Opera premiered after a comparison. Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill had cracked down on the kind of film civilly in Threepenny process.
- MAY 11: Premiere of the film M by Fritz Lang and Thea von Harbou in Berlin's Ufa - Palast am Zoo.
- September 29: Premiere of the film The Congress Dances ( UFA) in Vienna
- November 21: World premiere of the film Frankenstein (directed by James Whale )
- December 2: World premiere of the film Emil and the Detectives in Berlin
- 26th December: The feature film Mata Hari with Greta Garbo in the title role, is shown in New York City for the first time.