August 30 is the 242nd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 243rd in leap years), thus 123 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0369: Emperor Valentinian I issues an edict to Breisach to expand the Rhine frontier.
- 1125: Lothar of Supplinburg is as in Mainz Lothar III. elected king of the Holy Roman Empire.
Science and Technology
- 0257: Sixtus II is the Bishop of Rome. For the first time repeatedly resorted to him pope name.
- 1464: The Cardinal of Santa Maria Nuova in Rome, the Venetian Pietro Barbo, is chosen as the successor of Pope Pius II after three days of election period from the conclave and took the name of Paul II.
- 1884: In the encyclical Superiore anno underlines Pope Leo XIII. his concern to pray the Rosary with unflagging intensity and renews the indulgences for certain days praying.
- 1974: The " Council of Youth" opens in Taizé.
- 1992: Maria Jepsen, first bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, is introduced in Hamburg in their office.
- 1993: In Casablanca, the Hassan II Mosque was inaugurated, the world's second largest Islamic religious building.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Jacques Louis David (* 1748)
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (* 1797)
Friedrich Ratzel (* 1844)
Jacobus Henricus van ' t Hoff (* 1852)
Evelyn de Morgan (* 1855)
Emilie Floege (* 1874)
Before the 20th century
- 0526: Theodoric the Great, Ostrogothic
- 1148: Amadeus III, Count of Savoy, Count of Maurienne and Margrave of Turin.
- 1181: . Alexander III, Pope since 1159
- 1428: Shoko, 101 Emperor of Japan
- 1483: Ludwig the Cruel, King of France from 1461 to 1483
- 1505: Elisabeth of Habsburg, was known as the mother of the Jagiellonian
- 1505: Tito Strozzi Vespasian, Italian humanist
- 1549: Arakida Moritake, Japanese Shinto priest and poet
- 1563: Wolfgang Musculus, Reformed theologian
- 1580: Emanuel Philibert, Duke of Savoy from 1553 to 1580
- 1590: Johann Agricola, German theologian
- 1620: Baltasar Elisio de Medinilla, Spanish writer and religious poet
- 1631: Carlo II Gonzaga, Regent
- 1649: Johannes Wesling, German physicians
- 1666: Benedict Carpzov the Younger, German criminologist and witches theorists
- 1751: Christopher Polhem, Swedish mathematician, physicist and inventor
- 1812: George Mathews, American politician
- 1821: Louis Michel Aury, French pirate
- 1856: John Ross, British Rear Admiral and Arctic explorer
- 1858: Alexander Lvovitch Guriljow, Russian composer
- 1872: Antonio Román Deheza, Argentine general and governor
- 1872: Adam Krolczyk, German Protestant missionary in China
- 1876 : Rudolf von Raumer, German German literature
- 1879: John Bell Hood, American general in the Civil War
- 1880: Robert McClelland, American politician
- 1890: Nicolás Ruiz Espadero, Cuban pianist and composer
- 1890: Marianne North, British painter
- 2001: Govan Mbeki, South African politician
- 2002: Horst Wendlandt, German film producer
- 2003: Robert Abplanalp, American inventor
- 2003: Charles Bronson, American actor
- 2003: Donald Davidson, American analytic philosopher and a student of Willard Van Orman Quine
- 2003: Peter Meven, German opera and concert singer
- 2004: Fred Whipple, American astronomer
- 2005: Jakup Halil Mato, Albanian literary critic
- 2006: Junji Kinoshita, Japanese writer
- 2006: Uwe Leichsenring, German politicians
- 2006: Naguib Mahfouz, Egyptian writer, Nobel Prize winner
- 2006: Dušan Martinček, Slovak composer and music educator
- 2006: Glenn Ford, American actor
- 2009: Horst Stowasser, German author and anarchist
- 2010: Alain Corneau, French film director and screenwriter
- 2011: Wolfgang Lauth, German jazz musician
- 2012: Paul Friedrichs, German Enduro athletes
- 2013: Seamus Heaney, Irish writer and Nobel
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Matthias Grünewald, German painter ( Protestant)
- Name Days Amadeus, Felix, Rebecca
- State Holidays and observances Turkey, decisive victory in the Greco- Turkish War (1922 )
- Anniversaries of international organizations International Day of the Disappeared (ICRC )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in August