History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · Obituary · sports year
Year of the Water Sheep癸未( at the beginning of the year Water Horse壬午)
Syria: 2194/95 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 January
- 2.2 in February
- 2.3 March
- 2.4 April
- 2.5 May
- 2.6 in June
- 2.7 in July
- 2.8 August
- 2.9 September
- 2:10 October
- 2:11 November
- 2:12 December
- 2:13 Accurate birth unknown
- 3.1 First Quarter
- 3.2 Second Quarter
- 3.3 Third Quarter
- 3.4 Fourth Quarter
Politics and World Affairs
- October 20: The Treaty of Ancon ends the Salpeter between Chile and Peru.
- Chile subjecting the Mapuche and injects a territory of the country.
- May 8: Moritz Honigmann receives a patent for the fire loose Natronlokomotive.
- September 4: The inventor Emil Berliner receives in the United States a patent on a type of parquet design.
- APRIL 27: The Altona- Kaltenkirchener Railway Company receives the royal concession establishing.
- June 5: The first Orient Express departs from Paris Ostbahnhof to drive to Varna on the Black Sea, where travelers can take a ship to Constantinople Opel.
- 4 October: The official inauguration journey of the Orient Express - after the first Zugstart on June 5 - begins in Paris's Gare de l' Est train station. The initiating Belgian entrepreneur Georges travel Nagelmackers has also invited journalists. As a result, his company benefited Compagnie Internationale des Wagons- Lits, the sleeping and dining car operates, reports on the trip.
- April 5: From the Court established for the settlement of domestic and transnational conflicts within London grows with the time of the global difference Court London Court of International Arbitration.
- The first Swiss National Exhibition is held in Zurich.
Science and Technology
- August 30: Edward Barnard discovered, known as NGC 1255 galaxy in the constellation Chemical oven.
- October 2: Édouard Jean -Marie Stephan found in the constellation Pegasus galaxy NGC 22
- October 4: Édouard Jean -Marie Stephan noticed the cataloged as NGC 149 galaxy in the constellation Andromeda.
- October 6: Édouard Jean -Marie Stephan discovered in the constellation Andromeda galaxies later so designated NGC 181, NGC 183 and NGC 184
- October 8 Édouard Jean -Marie Stephan feels the constellation Cetus on the galaxy NGC 62.
Criminology and Medicine
- February 20: Alphonse Bertillon achieved with the help of a developed system he identification of an offender due to the body dimensions of what has become a relapse.
- Robert Koch isolated together with Georg Fischer and Gaffky the cholera pathogen from the gut of deceased patients.
Other scientific and technical events
- At the Technical University of Darmstadt the world's first degree program in electrical engineering is established.