November 1 is the 305th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 306th in leap years), thus 60 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0082 BC: The Roman general Sulla defeated in the Battle of the Colline Gate, the followers of Marius and the Samnites. Then transferred to him in Rome the dictatorship.
- 0996: In a deed of gift of Emperor Otto III. to the Bishop of Freising Austria is first mentioned under the name Ostarrichi.
Science and Technology
- 0451: The Council of Chalcedon ends. It raises the Trinity dogma, and thus decides the dispute over the relationship between the divine and the human nature of Jesus Christ against the teachings of Monophysitism and Nestorianism of. In response, the Eastern Churches split from the Byzantine Church.
- 0610: The Pantheon in Rome is cast by Pope Boniface IV in a church and dedicated to the Queen of Martyrs. The located in the catacombs outside Rome martyr graves are exposed to the invading Germanic tribes. The memory of the consecration of the Pantheon is later on All Saints' Day and preserves the ancient monument from decay.
- 1007: The Diocese of Bamberg is built from a starting today imperial synod in Frankfurt am Main.
- 1478: Pope Sixtus IV authorized the erection of the Inquisition in the Kingdom of Castile. His papal bull Exigit sincerae devotionis is the starting point for the Spanish Inquisition.
- 1503 Giuliano della Rovere is elected in one of the shortest conclave as Pope Julius II and has served as
- 1745: In the Encyclical Vix pervenit Pope Benedict XIV castigates the vices of the loan interest rate business. The prohibition of interest he justified by the Holy Scriptures.
- 1870: Pope Pius IX. protested in the encyclical Respicientes against the capture of Rome by Italian troops and imposed on authors and participants for the immediate excommunication.
- 1885: In his encyclical Immortale Dei summarizes Pope Leo XIII. the doctrine of the " true state" compressed together. In it, he condemned religious freedom and calls the Church as Societas perfecta.
- 1950: The bodily assumption of Mary into heaven is by Pope Pius XII. proclaimed as a dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0887: Boso of Vienne, King of Lower Burgundy
- 0987: Harald Bluetooth, King of Denmark
- 1038: Hermann I, German nobleman and Margrave of Meissen and Upper Lusatia
- 2002: Ekrem Akurgal, Turkish Classical Archaeologist
- 2002: Kate Jaenicke, German actress
- 2003: Heinz Zahrnt, German theologian and writer
- 2004: Mac Dre, American rapper
- 2004: James Hanson, British entrepreneur
- 2004: Mark Ledford, American jazz musician
- 2004: Klaus -Günter Pods, German judge at the Federal Labour Court
- 2004: Marco Augusto Quiroa, Guatemalan painter and writer
- 2005: Skitch Henderson, the British- American pianist and conductor
- 2006: Bettye Louise Ackerman, American actress
- 2006: William Styron, American novelist
- 2007: Paul Tibbets, American pilot, director of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima
- 2008: Jacques Piccard, Swiss oceanographer, a pioneer of deep-sea research
- 2008: Yma Sumac, Peruvian singer
- 2009: Achim Stocker, German football official
- 2011: Heinz Ludwig Arnold, German publicist
- 2012: Gae Aulenti, Italian architect
- 2012: Agustín García Calvo, Spanish philosopher and writer
- 2012: Mitch Lucker, American singer
- 2013: Brigitte Neumeister, Austrian actress
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances All Saints ( Anglican, Catholic)
- Memorial of Saints ( Protestant)
- Erhard Schnepf, German pastor, reformer and professor ( Protestant)
- Name Days Arthur
- State Holidays and observances Algeria: National Day (1954 )
- Antigua and Barbuda: independence from Great Britain (1981 )
- Mexico: Day of the Dead (second day)
- Customs Spain: Magosto (first day )
- More information for the day Weltvegantag (since 1994)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in November