The 28th November is the 332nd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 333rd in leap years), thus 33 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2000: The Ukrainian MPs Olexandr Moroz released tape recordings, showing the planning of the murder of journalist Gongadze Heorhiy. As a possible participant in the conversation President Leonid Kuchma and Interior Minister Yuriy Kravchenko be accepted.
- 2005: In Montreal, the 11th UN Climate Change Conference opened, the first after the entry into force of the Kyoto Protocol.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 0741: Gregory III, Pope.
- 1039: Adalbero of Eppenstein, Margrave of Carinthian Mark, Duke of Carinthia and Margrave of Verona
- 1083: Poppo of Paderborn, Bishop of Paderborn
- 1456: Johann Tiergart, Bishop of Courland
- 1530: Thomas Wolsey, English cardinal and Lord Chancellor
- 1557: Robert Rochester, English Catholic politician
- 1678: Johann Ludwig Faber, German hymn writer
- 1680: Gian Lorenzo Bernini, Italian painter and sculptor
- 1688: Bohuslav Balbin Ludvik, Bohemian Jesuit, writer, historian, geographer and Patriot
- 1694: Matsuo Bashō, Japanese ( haiku ) poet
- 1708: Joseph Pitton de Tournefort, French clergyman and botanist
- 1733: Kaspar Achatius Beck, German jurist
- 1779: Wilhelm Sebastian von Belling, Prussian Hussar General
- 1794: Cesare Beccaria, Italian philosopher of law
- 2001: Hermann Barche, German politicians
- 2002: Dave " Snaker " Ray, American blues singer and guitarist
- 2004: István Bubik, Hungarian actor
- 2004: Otto Esser, German employers President
- 2005: Tony Meehan, British drummer ( The Shadows )
- 2006: Max Merkel, Austrian columnist, football player and coach
- 2007: Elly Beinhorn, German aviatrix
- 2008: Lee Baxandall, American writer, translator and activist Nudismusbewegung
- 2009: Gilles Carle, Canadian film-maker
- 2009: Tony Kendall, Italian actor
- 2010: Samuel Cohen, American physicist
- 2010: Werner Godemann, German actor
- 2010: Irene Ludwig, German art - patron
- 2010: Leslie Nielsen, Canadian actor
- 2011: Aruwa Late Ameh, Nigerian footballer
- 2011: Ante Marković, Yugoslav politicians
- 2012: Knut Ahnlund, Swedish literary historian and author
- 2013: Max Georg Freiherr von Twickel, German auxiliary bishop in the Episcopal Diocese of Münster and Münsterischer Offizial
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Margarete Blarer, German benefactress ( Protestant)
- St. Gregory III. , Roman Pope ( Catholic)
- State Holidays and observances Albania: independence from the Ottoman Empire (1912 )
- Mauritania: independence from France (1960 )
- East Timor: Declaration of Independence (1975 )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in November