History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Water Buffalo癸丑( at the beginning of the year, water - rat壬子)
Syria: 2044/45 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 First Quarter
- 2.2 Second Quarter
- 2.3 Third and fourth quarter
- 2.4 day unknown
- 3.1 First half of
- 3.2 Second half of
- 3.3 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
Polish succession dispute
North American colonies
- James Oglethorpe, Governor of Georgia, founded the city of Savannah.
- January 2: The French newspaper Courrier d' Avignon is issued.
- JUNE 13: The Danish West India Company acquires from France, the island of Saint Croix in the Caribbean. With sugar cane and the slave trade, the Company generates revenue.
- The British Parliament adopts the Molasses Act, be determined with the duties on molasses. The law hardly zeitigt effect because it is bypassed by massive smuggling.
Science and Technology
- Charles du Fay distinguishes two kinds of electric charges by his study of electricity.