April 27 is the 117th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 118th in leap years), thus remain still 248 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2007: In Estonia, the authorities removed on the basis of a law adopted on February 15, have been prepared in the Soviet period the Bronze Soldier of Tallinn. This leads to diplomatic upset with Russia and to serious riots in Tallinn.
- 2005: To the applause of thousands of onlookers, the wide-bodied Airbus A380 starts after several shifts in Toulouse for its maiden flight. Airbus hopes to roll out its market share against Boeing.
Science and Technology
- 2006: At Ground Zero in New York City, the foundation stone is laid for the place of the destroyed in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001 World Trade Center to be erected One World Trade Center (former name of the draft Freedom Tower ).
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
- 2002: The handball club SC Magdeburg wins with a victory over KC Veszprém in Hungary as first German Bundesliga team in 1994 newly founded EHF Champions League Men.
- 2010: The South Korean Oh Eun Sun climbs the summit of Annapurna, thus reaching as the first woman in history all 14 mountain peaks in the world over 8000m altitude.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 2002: George Alec Effinger, American science fiction author
- 2002: Ruth Handler, American President of Mattel, inventor of the Barbie doll
- 2002: Hans Heinrich Thyssen- Bornemisza de Kászon Swiss entrepreneur and art collector
- 2003: Klaus Mertens, German actor
- 2003: Dorothee kettle holes, German Protestant theologian
- 2004: Alex Randolph, American game designer
- 2004: Ulrich Stranzberg, German composer
- 2005: Martin Wienbeck, German gastroenterologist
- 2007: Mstislav Rostropovich, Russian cellist, conductor, pianist and humanist
- 2008: Ulrich Dibelius, German musicologist and critic
- 2010: Nossrat Peseschkian, German -Iranian neurologist, psychiatrist and Psychotherapeutic physicians
- 2012: David Weiss, Swiss artist
- 2013: Jürgen Warnke, German politician ( CSU), MP
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Origen, Egyptian teacher and theologian ( Protestant)
- St. Peter Canisius, Dutch writer, theologian and Doctor of the Church (Catholic (only in Germany ) )
- Name Days Zita
- State Holidays and observances Netherlands: Koningsdag ( 2014 )
- Togo: Independence from France (1960 )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in April