April 28 is the 118th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 119th in leap years), thus still remain 247 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0224: The Parthian king Artabanus IV subject in a battle to the Sassanid Ardashir I, who founded the rule of Sassanid Persia in the sequence.
- 0711: On behalf of the governor of Ifriqiya, Musa ibn Nusayr, is the Arabic ibn Ziyad Tariq commander over to Gibraltar ( Jabal al Tariq ). Thus, the Islamic expansion into Spain begins with the founding of Al -Andalus.
- 1192: Conrad of Montferrat, a few days ago only elected king of Jerusalem, is stabbed in Tyre on the way home by two assassins.
- 1772: The former Secret Cabinet Minister of the Danish King Christian VII, Johann Friedrich Struensee, is executed on the outskirts of Copenhagen for his alleged affair with Queen Caroline Mathilde. The execution takes place with several days delay because only under threat of torture artisans have found for the construction of the scaffold for the liberal minister who has brought the ideas of the Enlightenment in Denmark.
- 1788: With the ratification of the Constitution of the United States, Maryland is the seventh state of the United States.
Science and Technology
- 2001: From Baikonur Soyuz TM -32 launches to the International Space Station (ISS). Also on board is next commander Talghat Musabayev and Flight Engineer Yuri Mikhailovich Baturin also the American multimillionaire Dennis Tito, the first space tourist.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
- 0032: Otho, Roman emperor
- 1402: Nezahualcóyotl, ruler in pre-Columbian Mesoamerica
- 1442: Edward IV, King of England
- 1545: Yi Sunsin, Korean military leaders and Admiral
- 1570: Ludolph von Münchhausen, German aristocratic landowners, private scholar and librarian with one of the largest libraries of its time
- 1612: ODOARDO I Farnese, Duke of Parma
- 1618: Dietrich von Ahlefeldt, bailiff to Schwabstedt, Mr. on Osterrade and Kluvensiek and monastery provost to Uetersen
- 1618: Friedrich of Ahlefeldt, Mr. Gut Seestermühe, Schinkel, Good Horst Stein, Good Tremsbuttel, high Princely Gottorffische governor and monastery provost to Uetersen
- 1726: Jean François Clément Morand, a French chemist, mineralogist and physician
- 1733: Wilhelm Ferdinand Lipper, German architect
- 1735: Johann Hauser Walle, singer
- 1742: Urban Aaskow Bruun, Danish physician
- 1753: Franz Karl Achard, German chemist, inventor of the sugar production from sugar beet
- 1757: Claus Schall, Danish composer
Before the 19th century
- 0909: Adalbero of Augsburg, Bishop of Augsburg
- 1109: Hugh of Cluny, abbot of the Benedictine abbey of Cluny
- 1192: Conrad of Montferrat, King of Jerusalem
- 1400: Baldus de Ubaldis, Italian jurist
- 1462: Ulrich von Rosenberg, Baron von Rosenberg and governor of Bohemia
- 2001: Evelyn Künneke, German singer, dancer and actress
- 2002: Alexander Ivanovich Lebed, Russian general and politician
- 2005: Ernst Bacher, Austrian art historians and conservation
- 2005: Percy Heath, American jazz bassist
- 2007: Laine Mets, Estonian pianist and music teacher
- 2007: Carl Friedrich von Weizsäcker, German physicist, philosopher and peace researcher
- 2008: Heinz throttle, German officer and judge, Righteous Among the Nations
- 2009: Ekaterina Maximova, Russian ballet dancer
- 2011: Erhard Loretan, Swiss mountaineer
- 2012: Matilde Camus, Spanish poet and writer
- 2013: Peter Haber, Swiss historian
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Johann Gramann ( Poli Ander ), German pastor and hymn writer ( Protestant)
- St. Peter Chanel, French missionary and martyr ( Catholic)
- Saint Valeria of Milan, Roman martyr ( Catholic)
- St. Louis -Marie de Montfort, French writer, missionary and founder of the Order ( Catholic)
- St. Vitalis, martyr Roman ( Catholic)
- International Days of Remembrance Workers' Memorial Day
- Name Days Hugo, Ludwig
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in April