April 6 is the 96th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 97th in leap years), thus 269 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 46 BC: Caesar and his troops defeated the followers of the Roman Senate, Cato in the Battle of Thapsus.
- 0402: The Romans Stilicho beat the Visigoths under Alaric in the Battle of Pollentia. Stilicho, however, is not set by the defeated enemy, which is why the Visigoths can reorganize again.
- 1250: In Egypt, landed crusaders of the Sixth Crusade capitulate at al - Mansura from the troops of Turan Shah. The French king Louis IX. is captured and later released for ransom.
- 1320: Several Scottish nobles signed the Declaration of Arbroath, declared its independence from England with Scotland. The explanation that a little later Pope John XXII. will be completed in Avignon with a request for support, is the first formal declaration of independence of a country.
- 1326: Orhan, son of Sultan Osman I, conquered the city in Asia Minor Bursa. It is subsequently temporarily the capital of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1385: After the extinction of the House of Burgundy ( 1383 ) choose the Cortes of Coimbra John I. king of Portugal. He founded the dynasty of Avis.
- 2005: The Kurd Jalal Talabani of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan is elected by the Iraqi parliament was elected president of the country. His deputies are the Shiite Adil Abd al -Mahdi and the Sunni Ghazi al - Yawar.
- 2006: Selected to Benin's new president on March 19, Boni Yayi takes office. He replaces the former dictator Mathieu Kérékou in this office from.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Nature and Environment
- 2002: The Meteorite Neuschwanstein goes down near Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. Three fragments of enstatite chondrites can be found on the basis of simultaneous photographic records.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0885: Method of Thessaloniki, Greek Slav apostles
- 0912: Notker I. Swiss poet and scholar
- 1147: Frederick II, Duke of Swabia
- 1196: William Fitz Osbert, English legal scholar and revolutionary
- 1199: Richard I the Lionheart, Duke of Aquitaine, Duke of Poitiers, King of England
- 1199: Pierre Basile, the shooter of Richard the Lionheart mortally wounded
- 1231: William Marshal, 2nd Earl of Pembroke, English knights norm manic descent
- 1520: Raphael, painter and architect of the High Renaissance
- 1528: Albrecht Duerer, German painter and graphic artist
- 1551: Joachim von Watt, Swiss humanist, physician and scholar
- 1555: Giovanni Angelo Arcimboldi, Drain Commissioner for Northern Germany and Scandinavia, Archbishop of Milan
- 1574: Georg Aff, Mayor of the city of Heilbronn
- 1590: Francis Walsingham, founder of the British Secret Service
- 1702: Benedict Dungannon, Italian stonemason and sculptor
- 1732: Franz Ludwig von Pfalz- Neuburg, Archbishop of Trier and Mainz
- 1762: Hermann Werner Bossart, German priest, diplomat and a canon in Cologne
- 1782: Johann Tobias Krebs, German philologist and educator
- 1790: . Ludwig IX, husband of Henriette Karoline von Pfalz- Zweibrücken
- 2002: Martin Sperr, Lower Bavarian playwright and actor
- 2003: Anita Borg, American computer scientist and women's rights activist
- 2003: Gerald Emmett Cardinal Carter, Canadian clergyman, Archbishop of Toronto
- 2003: Michael Babatunde Olatunji, Nigerian percussionist
- 2004: Axel Dünnwald - Metzler, German entrepreneurs
- 2005: Rainier III, Prince of Monaco.
- 2006: Walter Boehlich, German critic, publishing editor, translator and editor
- 2007: Luigi Comencini, Italian film director
- 2008: George R. Schroubek, Czech folklorist
- 2009: Andrzej Stelmachowski, Polish jurist and politician
- 2011: Hans Joachim Tiedge, German intelligence service officer and defector
- 2012: Heinz Kahlau, German poet
- 2012: Meenakshi Thapar, Indian actress
- 2013: Ottmar Schreiner, German lawyer and politician, Member of Parliament
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Sel. Notker I., Swiss monk and poet (Protestant and Roman Catholic)
- St. Methodius, Byzantine bishop and missionary ( Orthodox)
- Albrecht Durer, German painter (Protestant: ELCA, LCMS )
- Lucas Cranach the Elder, German painter (Protestant: ELCA, LCMS )
- Matthias Grünewald, German painter (Protestant: ELCA )
- Michelangelo, Italian painter (Protestant: LCMS )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in April