History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · Obituary · Literature Year
Year of the Wood Dragon甲辰( at the beginning of the year, water - hare癸卯)
Syria: 1975 /76 ( the year in October )
- Secured 3.1 Date of Death
- 3.2 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- The French army under Louis XIV gaining enormous size, thus forming the largest army the world.
- Jean -Baptiste Colbert founded the French West India Company ( Compagnie des Indes Occidentales Françaises ), with the aim to trade with the French possessions in America. Since their administration of the French colony of New France in North America is transferred from the former Compagnie de la Nouvelle France, they should take care also of the colonization of this area. Home port of Le Havre.
Africa and Asia
- MAY 9: Swedish possessions on the Gold Coast to be conquered by the British under Robert Holmes. The individual forts and trading posts in the region around Cape Coast serve the trade in slaves and raw materials, the later, the Royal African Company operates.
- AUGUST 27: Louis XIV issued on the initiative of Jean -Baptiste Colbert a privilege establishing the French East India Company, following the example of the Dutch East India Company. The privilege includes, among other things, the monopoly on trade, ownership of the conquered territories on the right to the equipment of merchant and naval ships, to develop their own troops, the right to strike their own coins as well as its own jurisdiction.
- April 20: The key metric ton of the parent people the merchants who are charged with the Bremen ton and beacons beings, designed as a replacement for an existing 1642 mentioned tonne as a last navaid fairway marking the Weser north of Wangerooge to 11 fathoms. It is used to control the Weser.
- The Gazzetta di Mantova (literally Mantua Gazette ) is founded.
- The Strasbourg Kronenbourg brewery is founded.
Science and Technology
- Robert Hooke suggests the melting point of ice in front as the zero point of the temperature scale.
- Wolf Caspar von Klengel begins with the construction of the Opera at Case Mountain in Dresden. The Groundbreaking takes place on behalf of Elector Johann Georg II of Saxony.
- May 7: In the Palace of Versailles, the first major multi-day celebration of King Louis XIV and his court takes place.
- February 6: Mustafa II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire († 1704)
- February 23: Georg Dietrich Leyding, German composer († 1710)
- MARCH 29: Bernardo Maria Conti, Italian cardinal († 1730)
- 20 March: Johann Baptist Homann, German cartographer († 1724)
- March 30: Johann Christoph Naumann, German engineer officer and architect († 1742)
- April 6: Arvid Horn, Prime Minister of Sweden († 1742)
- August 2: Philipp Reinhard von Hanau- coins Berg, Count of Hanau- coins mountain ( † 1712)
- August 6: Johann Christoph Schmidt, German composer († 1728)
- NOV 9: John Speth, German organist ( † after 1719)
- November 11: Heinrich Leonhard Schurz meat, German jurist, historian and librarian († 1722)
- December 2: John Gallus hill, German stonemason and sculptor († 1719)
- 26th December: Johann Melchior Dinglinger court goldsmith Elector Augustus the Strong of Saxony in Dresden († 1731)
- January 2: Dietrich von Ahlefeldt, bailiff to Schwabstedt, Mr. on Osterrade and Kluvensiek and monastery provost to Uetersen (* 1618)
- January 8 Moyse Amyraut, French theologian (* 1596)
- JANUARY 25: Reinhold Franck Berger, German historian (* 1585 )
- February 5: Christian Aagaard, Danish poet (* 1616)
- February 20: Bartholomew Khöll, imperial court Stonemasons (* 1614)
- February 26: Anna Silvia Carrettos, wife of the Imperial Field Marshal Leopold Wilhelm of Baden (* 1607)
- FEBRUARY 28: Francisco de Zurbarán, Spanish painter (* 1598 )
- May 4: Marcus Banzer, German physician (* 1592)
- May 4: Cornelis de Graeff, Dutch regent from the Golden Age (* 1599)
- July 7: Hans Ernst von Wied - Runkel, German soldier and court official (* 1623)
- July 12: Francis Seymour, 1st Baron Seymour of Trowbridge, English politician (c. 1590)
- JULY 16: Andreas Gryphius, German poet and dramatist of the Baroque (* 1616)
- JULY 31: Goswin Nickel, 10th Superior General of the Society of Jesus (* 1582)
More death unknown
- John Choinan, Sorbian language researcher and theologian (* 1616)
- Juan Gutiérrez de Padilla, Spanish - Mexican composer (c. 1590)