The 16th of September is the 259th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 260th in leap years). At the end of 106 days remain.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2002: In Munich, the new Pinakothek der Moderne is opened, next to the Alte Pinakothek and the Neue Pinakothek, the third Pinakothek in Munich.
- 2005: With the arrest of wanted Camorra boss Paolo Di Lauro Italian police in Naples manages a blow against organized crime.
- 0681: The 6th Ecumenical Council, chaired by the Emperor Constantine IV ends in the imperial palace of Constantinople Opel.
- 1664: In the Electorate of Brandenburg an Edict shall be adopted by the Elector Friedrich Wilhelm, which aims to toleration of Protestant denominations with each other.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
- 0016: Drusilla, sister and mistress of the Roman emperor Caligula
- 1462: Pietro Pomponazzi, Italian philosopher
- 1494: Franciscus Maurolicus, Greco- Italian polymath
Jiajing (* 1507)
Peter V of Portugal (* 1837)
Wilhelm von Gloeden (* 1856)
Yuan Shikai (* 1859)
Frans Eemil Sillanpää (* 1888)
Karl Doenitz (* 1891)
Alexander Vladimirovich Rutskoi (* 1945)
Before the 19th century
- 0303: Euphemia of Chalcedon, Christian martyr
- 0307: Severus, Roman emperor
- 0655: Martin I, Pope 649-653
- 0853: Hard Ward of Minden, second Bishop of Minden 813-853
- 1087: Victor III, Pope from 1086 to 1087.
Jahanara († 1681)
Georg Wenceslaus von Knobelsdorff († 1753)
- 2001: Samuel Z. Arkoff, American film producer and director
- 2002: Rika Unger, German sculptor
- 2003: Danny Marino, Italian songwriter, chanson and pop singer
- 2004: Livio Maitan, Italian politician
- 2004: Dolly Rathebe, South African jazz singer and actress
- 2004: Izora Rhodes Armstead, American singer
- 2005: Rafael Alfaro Kotte, German accordionist and composer
- 2006: Sten Sture Andersson, Swedish politician
- 2006: Rob Levin, American computer scientist, co-founder of the Freenode IRC network
- 2006: Eduard Stöllinger, Austrian motorcycle racer
- 2006: Michel Yatim, Syrian Archbishop
- 2007: Robert Jordan, American writer
- 2007: Buster Ramsey, U.S. American football player and coach
- 2008: Norman Whitfield, American Soul / Rhythm and blues producer and songwriter
- 2009: Myles Brand, American philosopher and sports official
- 2009: Mary Travers, American folk singer and songwriter
- 2009: Josefwiese, German baker and confectioner, businessman and inventor
- 2010: Friedrich Wilhelm of Hohenzollern, German industrialist and longtime head of the House of Hohenzollern -Sigmaringen
- 2012: Friedrich Zimmermann, German politicians
- 2013: Daniel Díaz Torres, Cuban film director
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Caspar Tauber, Austrian martyr ( Protestant)
- State Holidays and observances Mexico: Independence from Spain
- Papua New Guinea: independence from Australia (1975 )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in September