The brother of the composer Richard case and Siegfried case came after the visit of the Vienna Conservatory of the Society of Friends of Music, where he among other things, Music theory with Robert Fuchs and Johann Nepomuk Fuchs studied, in 1892 as Kapellmeister to Hamburg, then as a solo violinist to the Berlin Metropol theater.
When his first operas were unsuccessful, he was composer in residence of the Berlin cabarets bad guys in Berlin's Künstlerhaus. There he wrote the music for numerous couplets, eg And to Meyer looks at me kindly, which was appreciated by Kurt Tucholsky as the classical Berlin couplet. After that, the transition was for the operetta. Case devoted himself since 1906 exclusively to composition, managed from 1907 to 1908 with three operettas ( including The Dollar Princess ) the breakthrough and was eventually with later works such as The Rose of Stamboul (1916 ) known worldwide.
Case, whose works were banned by the Nazis, one next to Franz Lehár and Oscar Straus of the most important composers of the so-called "silver age of operetta ."
His broad musical operettas oscillate between classical ( Viennese Waltz ) and modern motifs ( pop, jazz, foxtrot ). It was especially active in the WDR Cologne conductor Franz Marszalek, who has worked with many exemplary recordings for Leo Fall.
In 1901 he was a member of the Masonic Lodge Pressburger friendship. His grave site is located at the Central Cemetery of Vienna ( Israelite part of Gate 4, Group 3, Series 4, No. 1). 2000 named to the Leo Fall Path in Vienna Hietzing after him.
- The Rebel (1905, seven years later reworked into Der liebe Augustin )
- The jolly Bauer ( 1907)
- The Dollar Princess (1907 )
- The divorced woman (1908 )
- The cry for the slap in the face (1909 )
- Fraternal strife (1909 )
- The puppet girl (1910 )
- The beautiful Risette (1910 )
- The Eternal Waltz (1911 )
- The Siren (1911 )
- Der liebe Augustin (1912 )
- The students Countess (1913 )
- The night express train (1913 )
- Woman Prime Minister (1914 )
- The artificial man (1915 )
- The Empress (prince Love) (1916 )
- The Rose of Stamboul (1916 )
- The Spanish Nightingale (1920 )
- Saint Ambrose ( 1921)
- The Street Singer (1922 )
- Madame Pompadour (1922 )
- The sweet Cavalier ( 1923)
- Youth in May (1926 )
- The young Mr. René ( from the estate; premiere September 1951 in Karlsruhe)