History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Metal Monkey庚申(at the beginning of Earth Sheep己未)
Syria: 1691/92 ( the year in October )
- Secured 2.1 Date of birth
- 2.2 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.3 Born in 1380
Politics and World Affairs
- May 24: The county mountain is under William I of Berg Duchy.
- June 24: Troops of the Republic of Venice under Vettor Pisani manages the reconquest of Chioggia in the same war by the Genoese.
- SEPTEMBER 8: In the Battle of Kulikovo Pole, the effect of the cavalry of the Golden Horde can not develop what the Russian armed forces entering the victory at the Moscow Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy.
- Charles VI. ( the madman ) becomes King of France ( to 1422 †).
- Tamerlane begins the campaigns against Persia, Georgia, Russia, Central Asia, Hindustan, Egypt, Damascus and Baghdad.
- The " Hundred Years War " between the city-states and maritime powers of Genoa and Venice ( begun in 1257 and continued et al 1258, 1264, 1293-99 and 1343-54 ) ends with the defeat of Genoa.
- Ferden is first mentioned.
- 1380: In the Bregenzerwald is a self-administration of the peasantry is out, the so-called Republic of forests.
Technology and Culture
- 1380: The 1962 found Bremen Cog is built.
- Plague to 1383
- SEPTEMBER 8: Bernardine of Siena, Italian saint († 1444 )
- November 27: Ferdinand I, King of Aragon († 1416 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Johann Tiergart, Bishop of Courland and priest of the Teutonic Knights († 1456 )
- John Kemp, Archbishop of Canterbury and Lord Chancellor († 1454)
- Nguyen Trai, Vietnamese Confucian scholar, politician, strategist and writer († 1442 )
Born in 1380
- Bartošek z Drahonic, Bohemian chronicler († about 1443 )
- Jens Jakobsson, Bishop of Oslo and Norwegian Chancellor († 1452 )
- Gisbert Schairt, niederrheinländischer builder of the late Gothic period († 1452 )
- João Gonçalves Zarco, Portuguese navigator and re-discoverer of Madeira († about 1467 )
- Thomas a Kempis, German mystic († 1471 )
- APRIL 29: Catherine of Siena, Italian mystic and Doctor of the Church (* 1347 )