History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood Buffalo乙丑( at the beginning of the year wood rat甲子)
Syria: 1696/97 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 Exact date of birth unknown
- 2.2 Born around 1385
Politics and World Affairs
- APRIL 6: Cortes of Coimbra choose Johann I, King of Portugal. He is the first ruler of the house of Avis. The dynasty of Burgundy is finished.
- April 12: In the double wedding of Cambrai marries John the Fearless Margaret of Straubing- Holland and his sister Margaret, whose brother William II Among the more than 20,000 invited guests is also the French King Charles VI.
- August 14: The Portuguese under King John I defeat the Castilians in the battle of Aljubarrota and to secure its independence.
- December 31: Charles Small is when Charles II, King of Hungary.
- March 24: The Church of St. Martha in Nuremberg is consecrated.
- The Czech King Wenceslas IV gives the order for a translation of the Bible, called the Wenzel Bible.
- Manfredo Chiaramonte endows the monastery Baida.
- The Mosteiro da Batalha is founded.
- The Tibetan Welkhyung Monastery is founded.
Exact date of birth unknown
Born around 1385
- Nicholas of Pelgrims, Czech bishop, chronicler and diplomat († 1460 )
- Conrad Heyden, town clerk, author of Klagspiegels († 1444 )