History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Hare己卯( at the beginning of the year Earth Tiger戊寅)
Syria: 1770/71 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Holy Roman Empire
- April 25: The Treaty of Eger, the Saxon- Bohemian border in the Ore Mountains and on the Elbe is set (south of Schandau ).
- After the death of Count Adolf VIII of Holstein and Duke of Schleswig there are no heirs, so nobody has a right to the duchy of Schleswig and the County of Holstein. For the election of a new Duke's knighthood comes together. Even after several rounds of voting, it comes in 1460 returned no results.
Wars of the Roses in England
- September 23: In the Battle of Blore Heath in the Wars of the Roses the House of York wins over the house of Lancaster and then marched to Worcester, where it looks, however, subject to a three -fold power. On October 12, they are after fleeing their military leader Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York, his two sons and Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick at the Battle of Ludlow against the army of Henry VI.
- September 20th: Bucharest is mentioned for the first time in a document.
- Serbia became part of the Ottoman Empire.
- The building huts close together on the basis of the Strasbourg order.
- The Göss brewery in the pen Göß at Leoben is first mentioned.
Science and Technology
- The Venetian monk Fra Mauro designed a world map.
The selected last year to Pope Pius II refers to his birthplace Corsignano to Pienza and instructed the Florentine architect Bernardo Rossellino with the expansion of the village an ideal city.
- JANUARY 25: Paul Hofhaimer, Austrian composer († 1537 )
- February 1: Conrad Celtis, German poet and humanist († 1508)
- March 2: . Hadrian VI, Pope († 1523)
- March 06: Jakob Fugger " the Rich ", German businessman ( † 1525)
- MARCH 22: Maximilian I of Habsburg ( † 1519)
- 05 May: Anton von Rotenhan, Bishop of Bamberg ( * 1390 )
- May 06: Dietrich Schenk von Erbach, Archbishop of Mainz (* 1390 )
- 09 June: Shōtetsu, Japanese poet (* 1381 )
- November 05: John Fastolf, English knights and military leader
- December 04: Adolf VIII, Count of Holstein and Duke of Schleswig, without heirs (* 1401 )
- DECEMBER 20: Peter II Vältl, Bavarian Benedictine