The October 6 is the 279th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 280th in leap years), thus 86 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 539 BC: The capture of Babylon by the armies of the Achaemenid king Cyrus II and the capture of King Nabonidus terminate both the Neo-Babylonian Empire and the political independence of Babylonia.
Science and Technology
- 0891: Formosus was elected Pope.
- 1689: Cardinal Pietro Ottoboni is elected Pope and took the name of Alexander VIII.
- 2002: Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei was canonized by Pope John Paul II.
- 01986: The K -219, a submarine of the Soviet Yankee I- class ( Soviet Name: Project 667A or Navaga class) decreases in the Atlantic Ocean after they had driven because of the explosion of one of its missiles since October 3 at the surface. The majority of the team can be saved.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
- 0210 BC: Ptolemy V Epiphanes, Egyptian Pharaoh
- 1289: . Wenceslas III, King of Bohemia and Hungary
- 1459: Martin Behaim, cartographer and cosmography
- 2002: Cleopatra Stratan, Moldovan singer
Before the 19th century
- 0877: Charles the Bald, the Frankish Emperor
- 1014: Samuil, Tsar of the Bulgarians Danube
- 1090: Adalbero of Würzburg, Bishop of Würzburg
- 1101: Bruno of Cologne, Saint, founder of the Carthusian Order
- 1180: Amalric of Nesle, Patriarch of Jerusalem
- 1201: John V. Bavors, Bishop of Olomouc
- 1406: Henning von Rentelen, Mayor of Lübeck
- 1505: John Adorf, German theologian
- 1536: William Tyndale, English Bible translator
- 1546: Pierre Leclerc and companions, French Protestant martyrs
- 1565: Johann Bocerus, German poet and historian
- 2001: Alfred Jensch, astronomer and engineer
- 2002: Prince Claus, husband of Dutch Queen Beatrix
- 2002: Wolfgang Mischnick, German politicians
- 2004: Brunhilde Baur, German publisher
- 2004: Yogi Bhajan, Indian kundalini yoga master, religious and spiritual leaders
- 2005: Reinhard Tramontana, Austrian journalist and columnist
- 2006: Heinz Sielmann, German cameraman, producer and writer, ethologist, wildlife filmmaker and environmentalist
- 2009: Raymond Federman, American writer
- 2009: Werner Maihofer, German legal scholar and Federal Minister, Member of Parliament
- 2011: Edward Acquah, Ghanaian footballer
- 2012: Chadli Bendjedid, Algerian politician and President
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances William Tyndale, Priest, Bible translator and martyr (Protestant, Anglican)
- Pierre Leclerc and companions, martyrs ( Protestant)
- St. Bruno of Cologne, Founder and theologian ( Catholic)
- Name Days Adalbero
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October