October 25 is the 298th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 299th in leap years), thus 67 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0732: The Frankish house Meier Charles Martel strikes the Muslims in the battle of Tours and Poitiers.
- 1147: An army of crusaders under Conrad III. is defeated at the Battle of Dorylaeum of the Rum Seljuk.
Science and Technology
- 2010: Through an earthquake off Sumatra and a subsequent tsunami that hits the Mentawai Islands, more than 400 people are killed.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 2001: Soraya Esfandiary Bakhtiari, wife of Shah Reza Pahlavi
- 2002: Annemie Fontana, Swiss artist
- 2002: Richard Harris, Irish actor
- 2002: René Thom, French Professor of Mathematics
- 2003: Primo Angeli, Italian jazz musicians and entertainment
- 2003: Heinz Piontek, German writer
- 2003: Veikko Hakulinen, Finnish cross-country skiers
- 2004: Brigitte Adler, German politician
- 2004: John Peel, British radio DJ
- 2006: Emilio Vedova, Italian painter
- 2008: Gerard Damiano, American film director
- 2009: Camillo Cibin, Italian papal bodyguards
- 2010: Gregory Isaacs, Jamaican singer and musician
- 2010: Andrzej Tomaszewski, a Polish art historians, conservators and architects
- 2012: Emanuel Steward, American boxing trainer
- 2013: Peter Mitterer, Austrian innkeeper and politician, National
- 2013: Hal Needham, American stuntman, director, actor and screenwriter
- 2013: Bill Sharman, American basketball player and coach
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Tabitha, widow at Joppa ( Jaffa ) (Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant: LCMS )
- Philipp Nicolai, German pastor and hymn writer ( Protestant)
- St. Chrysanthus, Roman Martyrs ( Catholic)
- St. Daria, Roman martyr ( Catholic)
- St. Crispin and Crispinianus, Roman martyr ( Anglican)
- Saint Lydia, the first Christian in Europe (Protestant: LCMS )
- St. Phoebe, a deaconess in Cenchreae (Protestant: LCMS )
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October