History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Earth- pig己亥(at the beginning of earth - dog戊戌)
Syria: 2150/51 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 First Quarter
- 2.2 Second Quarter
- 2.3 Third Quarter
- 2.4 Fourth Quarter
- 2.5 Exact date of birth unknown
- 3.1 First half of
- 3.2 Second half of
- 3.3 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- February 3: In the Empire of Austria, the Austrian Imperial Family Statute enters into force, the marriage order of the Habsburg dynasty.
- March 9: The Prussian regulative on the employment of young workers in the factories prohibits child labor before the completion of the ninth year of life. It is considered the first German law on OSH.
- APRIL 19: The London Protocol was signed at the end of the London conference of the major European powers; consecutive Belgium is recognized under international law and the province of Limburg is part of the German Confederation.
- September 6: Züriputsch
- December 3: The death of Frederick VI. is his cousin King Christian VIII of Denmark and Norway.
North and Central America
- August 26: Before Long Iceland, the alleged pirate ship La Amistad is applied by the USS Washington. The following Amistad processes contribute to the abolition of slavery in the United States.
- February 9: John Balleny, the captain of a British whaling ship, discovered in the Southern Ocean with Sturge Iceland the first island named after him Balleny Islands. His companion Thomas Freeman enters the country.
- September 6: The Polynesian atoll of Ahe is - one of the last of the Tuamotu Archipelago - discovered and mapped by the U.S. naval officer Charles Wilkes.
- Charles Wilkes gets to the eponymous Wilkes - country and thus probably discovered the continent of Antarctica.
- April 7: Completion and traffic recording of the first German long-distance railway route from Leipzig to Dresden
- September 20: Between Amsterdam and Haarlem, the first railroad in the Netherlands goes into operation. The Oude Lijn will later train to Amsterdam- Rotterdam.
- December 31: Operating receiving the first German horse-drawn omnibus line between Hamburg and the Danish- Holstein Altona
- The insurance Colonia was founded in Cologne.
Science and Technology
- January 7: Louis Daguerre describes the principle of the daguerreotype to the French Academy of Sciences.
- November 15: Foundation of the Corps Franconia Karlsruhe
- Discovery of vulcanization by Charles Goodyear
- Christian Friedrich Schönbein discovered the ozone
- Alexandre Edmond Becquerel (1820-1891) met with experiments on the photoelectric effect.
- Theodor Schwann and Matthias Jakob Schleiden explain the cell theory.
- Founding of the Mineralogical Museum Hamburg
- March 23: For the first time the use of OK as an abbreviation for oll is korrect in the newspaper Boston Morning Post documented.
- The best-known version of the painting The Poor Poet by Carl Spitzweg arises. The first version dates back to 1837.
- The Cologne Art Association