July 26 is the 207th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 208th in leap years), thus still 158 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0615: K'inich Janaab ' Pakal I is enthroned with twelve years as ruler of the Mayan city of Palenque. Thus begins a construction boom in the city.
- 0657: The Battle of Siffin on the Euphrates in Syria between Caliph Ali ibn Abi Talib and Muawiya, the Umayyad governor of Syria begins. It ends three days later with no decision.
- 0811: In the Battle of the Warbiza Pass the Bulgarians put under their Khan Krum the Byzantine Empire under Nicephorus I one of the worst defeats of its history. As a result, the Bulgarians penetrate to Konstantin Opel.
- 0920: The dispatched by King Ordoño II subject Christian army at the Battle of Valdejunquera the Moors. The sunken from the Emirate of Al -Andalus Muslims can use it to continue its foray into the Kingdom of Asturias and Leon
- 1343: In Florence breaks a civil uprising against the city dictatorial ruling duke of Athens, Walter VI. Brienne from. The citizens demand the abdication and besieging his palace.
Science and Technology
- 2005: For the first time starts 2 ½ years after the Columbia tragedy with the STS-114 mission of Discovery again a manned space shuttle into space.
- 2005: Action day's work organized for the first time in Baden- Württemberg, the campaign " Your Day for Africa ". 13,500 students from 81 schools bring with and thus support their peers in Africa.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Emperor Joseph I. (* 1678)
Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart (* 1791)
Luise Mössinger ship gene (* 1892)
Before the 19th century
- 0796: Offa of Mercia, the Anglo- Saxon King
- 0811: Nicephorus I, Byzantine Emperor
- 1380: Komyo, Japanese Emperor
- 1471: Paul II, Pope
- 1492: Henry IV of Absberg, Bishop of Regensburg
- 1506: Anne de Foix - Candale, Queen of Hungary
- 1533: Atahualpa, the last ruler of the Inca Empire
- 1625: Johannes Piscator, German professor and Reformed theologian
- 1719: Hyacinth Petit, German Auxiliary Bishop
- 1776: Margaret of Benedicta Löwendal, German entrepreneur
- 1778: Ernst Philipp Wegmann, German organ builder
Caroline of Günderrode († 1806)
Sam Houston († 1863)
- 2000: Guenther Hennerici, German entrepreneur and motorsport team manager
- 2001: Peter von Zahn, German radio and TV journalist
- 2002: Jutta Hecker, German writer
- 2003: Hilde Levi, German - Danish physicist
- 2004: Peter Herzog, German actor
- 2005: Mario David, Italian footballer and coach
- 2006: Vojtech Zamarovský, Slovak historian, writer and translator
- 2009: Traugott Buhre, German actor
- 2009: Merce Cunningham, American dancer and choreographer
- 2010: Brigitte Schwaiger, Austrian writer
- 2011: Otto Schmittner, German Ringer
- 2011: Erika Wagner, German politician, Member of Parliament
- 2012: Lupe Ontiveros, American actress
- 2012: Mary Tamm, British actress
- 2012: Franz West, Austrian visual artist
- 2013: JJ Cale, American musician and composer
- 2013: Rolf Haufs, German writer and poet
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Louise Scheppler, Alsatian benefactress ( Protestant)
- Name Days Achim, Anita, Anja, Anna, Annette, Grazyna, Joachim ( Anglican, Catholic)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in July