History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · Obituary · Literature Year
Year of the Wood Snake乙巳( at the beginning of the year, Wood Dragon甲辰)
Syria: 2156/57 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 January / February
- 2.2 March / April
- 2.3 May / June
- 2.4 July / August
- 2.5 September / October
- 2.6 November / December
- 2.7 Exact date of birth unknown
- 3.1 First half of
- 3.2 Second half of
- 3.3 More death unknown
Politics and World Affairs
- DECEMBER 29: Texas becomes 28th U.S. state.
- February 22: The British East India Company acquired 1,125,000 for Reichstaler all Danish possessions in India, including Tranquebar.
Science and Technology
- July 26: In Liverpool, the constructed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Great Britain starts on her maiden voyage to New York City. With it, the first steamship crossed propeller driven the Atlantic Ocean. The approximately fortnightly travel time for crossing the Atlantic has not been previously achieved.
- August 6: The Russian Geographical Society is formed as a learned society in Saint Petersburg.
- December 27: Crawford Williamson Long used ether as an anesthetic for the first time at the birth of a child.
- In Bad Aibling is a " Soolen and moor mud baths " built the first mud spa in Bavaria, later emerged from the Ludwigsbad.
- George Gabriel Stokes formulated the parabolic velocity field for viscous liquids (with plane parallel flow and parallel pipe flow ).
- Saint- Venant introduces the concept of bi-normal.
- Friedrich Engels wrote The Condition of the Working Class in England.