June 2 is the 153rd day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 154th in leap years), thus 212 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0455: The penetrated into the decaying Roman Empire Vandals under King Genseric conquer Rome. The subsequent looting last two weeks.
- 1098: After several months of siege, the army of the First Crusade under Godfrey of Bouillon, Bohemund of Taranto, and Raymond IV of Toulouse captured the city of Antioch and directed there to be a bloodbath.
- 1525: The Neckar valley and Odenwald peasants are defeated under George Steward of Waldburg- Zeil at Königshofen in the Peasants' War by the army of the Swabian League.
Science and Technology
- 0575: Pope Benedict I. takes office.
- 1537: In the promulgated bull Sublimis Deus prohibits Pope Paul III. the enslavement of Indians and all other people.
- 1979: Pope John Paul II visited the first time since his election on a trip abroad his homeland Poland. He is the first pope to travel to a communist-ruled state.
Nature and Environment
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
- 0926: Murakami, 62 Tennō of Japan
- 1305: Abu Sa'id, Ilkhan of Persia
- 1535: . Leo XI, Italian Pope
- 1593: Samuel Noble, German theologian
Before the 20th century
- 0193: Didius Julianus, Roman emperor
- 0657: Eugene I., Pope
- 0891: Al- Muwaffaq, ruling regent under Caliph al- Mutamid
- 0959: Odo of Canterbury, English archbishop
- 1010: Ermengol I, Count of Urgell
- 1453: Álvaro de Luna, favorite of John II of Castile and rulers
- 1572: Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk, English nobleman
- 1599: Philip V of Hanau -Lichtenberg, Count of Hanau -Lichtenberg
- 1609: Poul Cypræus, Danish jurist, historian and diplomat
- 1701: Madeleine de Scudéry, French writer of the Baroque
- 1761: Jonas Alströmer, Swedish agricultural and industrial pioneer
- 1776: John Thomas, American physician and Major General
- 1780: Józef Baka, Polish Jesuit priest, missionary, preacher and poet
- 1785: Jean Paul de Gua de Malves, French clergyman and mathematician
- 1785: Gottfried August Homilius, German composer, choirmaster and organist
- 1794: Gottlieb Lebrecht Spohn, German educator, scholar and Protestant theologian
- 1825: Karl Wilhelm Salice - Contessa, German novelist and playwright
- 1835: François- Etienne Kellermann, French cavalry general
- 1846: Julius from the Brinken German Forstmann and Polish general forester
- 1860: Leopold von Orlich, German officer and writer
- 1872: Karl Bernhard Hundeshagen, German Reformed theologian
- 2000: Adolph Hofner, American country musician
- 2002: Boyd Bennett, American songwriter, drummer and rock and roll singer
- 2002: Günther Schubert, German football goalkeeper
- 2004: Dominic Francis Moraes, Indian writer, poet and journalist
- 2004: Nikolai Gjaurow, Bulgarian -Austrian opera singer
- 2005: Samir Kassir, a Lebanese journalist
- 2005: Stefan Knafl, Austrian politician
- 2005: Melita Norwood, British secretary and spy for the Soviet Union
- 2006: Vince Welnick, American keyboardist
- 2007: Wolfgang Hilbig, German writer
- 2007: Huang Ju, Chinese politician
- 2008: Bo Diddley, American rock and blues musicians
- 2008: Mel Ferrer, American actor, film director and producer
- 2009: Horst Siebert, German economist
- 2009: Rudolf Springer, German art dealer and gallery
- 2010: Giuseppe Taddei, Italian opera singer
- 2011: Erika Streit, Swiss painter, graphic artist and illustrator
- 2012: Richard Dawson, American actor
- 2012: Kathryn Joosten, American actress
Holidays and observances
- Churches Memorial St. Blandina, Roman slave, martyr and patron saint (Protestant, Catholic)
- Johann Friedrich Oberlin, Alsatian pastor and benefactor ( Protestant)
- St. Moses the Ethiopian, North African hermit, priest and martyr (Armenian )
- Name Days Armin
- State Holidays and observances Italy: Republic Day
- More information for the day International Hurentag (since 1975)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in June