June 6 is the 157th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 158th in leap years), thus remaining 208 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2001: In Argentina, the former President Carlos Saúl Menem is arrested. He is suspected of arms trade with Croatia and Ecuador during his tenure.
- 2007: In Heiligendamm the G8 summit begins.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Nature and Environment
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0840: Agobard, Spanish prelates
- 1134: Norbert of Xanten, German founder of the Premonstratensian Order, Archbishop of Magdeburg
- 1277: Simon I., Bishop of Paderborn
- 1502: Heinrich Brömse, Mayor of Lübeck
- 1554: Jerome Schurff, German jurist
- 1560: João de Castro, Portuguese commander and navigator
- 1569: Jost Hoen, German Magister, educator and statesman
- 1608: Bernardo Buontalenti, Italian painter, architect and theater machinist
- 1639: Peter Crüger, German philologist, astronomer and mathematician
- 1747: Jean -Baptiste Barrière, French cellist and composer
- 2001: Douglas Lilburn, New Zealand composer
- 2001: Otto Heinrich Treumann German - Dutch graphic artist
- 2004: Louis Conne, Swiss sculptor and graphic artist
- 2005: Anne Bancroft, American actress
- 2005: Dana Elcar, American actor
- 2005: Siegfried Palm, German cellist
- 2006: Billy Preston, American soul musician and Hammond organ player
- 2006: Jun Maeda, a Japanese motorcycle racer
- 2006: Arnold Newman, American Portrait Photographer
- 2007: James Halliday, a British weightlifter and Olympic medalist
- 2012: Vladimir Krutov, Russian ice hockey player
- 2013: Tom Sharpe, British writer
- 2013: Esther Williams, American swimmer and actress
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Norbert of Xanten, German archbishop and founder of the Order (Protestant, Roman Catholic)
- Heinrich Schröder ( missionary ), German missionary and martyr ( Protestant)
- Name Days Kevin, Norbert
- State Holidays and observances Sweden: National Day (since 2005)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in June