The 26 May is the 146th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 147th in leap years), thus 219 days remain until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0017: The Roman general Nero Claudius Germanicus leading to his successful campaigns of the past two years after Magna Germania a triumphal tour. Among other things, the Cheruskerprinzessin Thusnelda, daughter of Segestes and wife of Arminius and her few months old son Thumelicus be carried as trophies.
- 0451: Armenian insurgents fighting in the Battle of Vartan Mamikonian under Avarayr against their Sassanian overlords under Yazdegerd II Although the Persian Sassanids win the battle, the Armenian religious freedom is guaranteed.
- 0961: The Liudolfinger Otto II is crowned with seven years in Aachen as co-regent of his father Otto I, Holy Roman king. He is anointed by the Archbishops of Cologne Brun, William of Mainz and Henry I of Trier, which then take over the guardianship of the young king.
- 1135: In the cathedral of León Alfonso VII is crowned emperor of all Spain.
- 1231: The previously ruled by the Habsburgs valley Uri is issued by the Henry ( VII ) Open letter from Haguenau rich immediately.
- 1249: In the Battle of Fossalta defeat militias from Bologna, the Guelphs is close in time to the fighting between Guelphs and Ghibellines, under Cardinal Ottaviano Ubaldini an imperial army. Its leader, the Emperor's son Enzio of Sardinia is captured and remains regardless imperial pressure imprisoned until his death in the city to release.
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 0604: Augustine of Canterbury, first Archbishop of Canterbury
- 0735: Venerable Bede, English Benedictine monk, theologian and historian
- 0818: Ali ar - Rida, the eighth Imam according to the belief of Twelvers ( direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammed )
- 0946: Edmund I, King of England
- 1055: Adalbert the Victorious, Austrian Margrave
- 1512: Bayezid II, Ottoman Sultan
- 1552: Sebastian Münster, German -Swiss cosmography and Hebraist
- 1566: Antonio de Cabezon, Spanish composer and organist
- 2001: Alberto Korda, Cuban photographer
- 2005: Krzysztof Nowak, Polish footballer
- 2005: Joe Lee Johnson, American racing driver
- 2005: Sangoulé Lamizana, Burkinabe President
- 2005: Ruth Laredo, American pianist
- 2006: Johann Adolf von Kielmansegg, German officer
- 2006: Edouard Michelin, French Manager
- 2007: Phyllis Sellick, British pianist and music teacher
- 2007: Marek Krejčí, Slovak football player
- 2008: Sydney Pollack, American film director, producer and actor
- 2009: Marek Walczewski, Polish actor
- 2010: Gerhard soils, German police officer, vice president of the Federal President of the Federal Office for Protection of the Constitution
- 2011: Peter Dschulnigg, Swiss Roman Catholic theologian
- 2012: Zvi Aharoni, an Israeli Mossad agent
- 2013: Hildegard Krekel, German actress and voice actress
- 2013: Otto Muehl, Austrian performance artist
- 2013: Jack Vance, American writer
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Augustine of Canterbury, evangeliser in England, became the first Archbishop of Canterbury (Protestant, Anglican, Orthodox, the Roman Catholic feast day is on May 27 )
- Name Days Alwin, Philipp
- State Holidays and observances Georgia: independence from Russia (1918 )
- More information for the day Australia: National Sorry Day ( since 1998)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in May