The 28th of May is the 148th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 149th in leap years), thus still remain 217 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 585 BC: A predicted by Thales of Miletus eclipse causes according to tradition, a truce between the Lydians and the Medes in the Battle of the Halys.
- 1037: The Rules Constitutio de Feudis of the Emperor Conrad II allows the heritability of fiefs and the gentry.
- 1172: The Venetian Doge Vitale Michiel II is stabbed in the lagoon city in the San Zaccaria Church of Marco Casolo. The Doge is assumed responsibility for the defeat in a vendetta against Byzantium.
- 1259: England's King Henry III. recognizes the loss of continental possessions in the Treaty of Paris.
- 1291: The city of Acre falls to the Saracens.
- 1357: Peter I, the Cruel, King of Portugal is.
- 1539: Hernando de Soto lands in Florida, to take it for Spain to colonize and to look for treasures.
Science and Technology
- 0640: The selected already in the year 638, but nowhere near confirmed by the Emperor Pope Severinus starts his pontificate.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics. Entries to the World Cup games are found in the bottoms of football 's World Cup. The same is true for the European Football Championships.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 2001: Tony Ashton, English musician
- 2003: Frederick W. Bauschulte, German actor
- 2003: Alexander Heimann, Swiss crime writer
- 2003: Ilya Prigogine, Russian- Belgian chemist, Nobel Prize winner
- 2003: Oleg Grigoryevich Makarov, Soviet engineer and cosmonaut
- 2004: Jerzy Klempel, Polish handball player
- 2006: Umberto Masetti, Italian motorcycle racer
- 2007: Jörg Immendorff, German painter and sculptor
- 2007: David Eden Lane, American right-wing extremist and author
- 2007: Fritz Bornemann, German architect
- 2008: Gerhard Konzelmann, German journalist
- 2009: Helmut knitted Rich, German local politician
- 2010: Gary Coleman, American actor
- 2013: Eddi Arent, German actor and comedian
- 2013: Viktor Kulikov, Soviet Marshal
- 2013: Gerd Schmückle, German General
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Germanus of Paris, Frankish hermit and priest, bishop and patron saint (Catholic, Orthodox)
- Carl Mez, German industrialist and benefactor ( Protestant)
- Name Days Wilhelm
- State Holidays and observances Ethiopia: Day of defeat of the Mengistu regime (1991 )
- Azerbaijan: day of the Republic ( 1918)
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in May