History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · Obituary · Film Year · Sports year
Year of the Metal Tiger庚寅(at the beginning of Earth Buffalo己丑)
Syria: 2201/ 02 ( the year in October )
- 2.1 January
- 2.2 in February
- 2.3 March
- 2.4 April
- 2.5 May
- 2.6 in June
- 2.7 in July
- 2.8 August
- 2.9 September
- 2:10 October
- 2:11 November
- 2:12 December
- 2:13 Accurate birth unknown
- 3.1 January / February
- 3.2 March / April
- 3.3 May / June
- 3.4 July / August
- 3.5 September / October
- 3.6 November / December
Politics and World Affairs
- January 25: The German Reichstag rejected with 167 votes against 98, a presentation of the government on the extension of socialist law indefinitely from.
- FEBRUARY 4: Against the advice of Chancellor Otto von Bismarck and without the prescribed countersignature of Kaiser Wilhelm II published the February decrees according to the will. They announce an expansion of worker protection.
- MARCH 18: Chancellor Otto von Bismarck submits his resignation at Kaiser Wilhelm II, after which the young monarch has previously urged several times. Two days later, the withdrawal is complete.
- 20 March: Chancellor Otto von Bismarck is dismissed by Kaiser Wilhelm II, his successor, Leo von Caprivi.
- March 20: Foundation of the Anti-Semitic People's Party.
- July 1: Heligoland - Zanzibar Treaty: The German Reich receives Helgoland from Great Britain; in exchange to recognize the German Empire to the English claims to Zanzibar and takes the German colony Wituland from the United Kingdom.
- August 9: The island of Heligoland is passed by the British in German administration.
- October 12: The Congress of the Socialist Workers Party of Germany ( SAPD ) in Hall decides to rename the party Social Democratic Party of Germany ( SPD).
- November 23: The death of William III. the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg means the total independence. William's ten year old daughter Wilhelmina becomes Queen of the Netherlands. But since Salian inheritance applies in Luxembourg, the personal union and Adolph I. ends is Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
- FEBRUARY 27: Carl Peters and Mwanga II of Buganda close the Uganda agreement that is not ratified by the German Reich.
- August 5: An Anglo -French agreement puts the mutual spheres of interest from West Africa.
- OCTOBER 18: Curt von François founded the Namibian capital Windhoek ( Windhoek ).
- May 2: The western part of the unorganized Indian Territory is organized as Oklahoma Territory.
- JULY 2: U.S. President Benjamin Harrison is adopted by the Senate and Congress Sherman Antitrust Act in force. The government thus receives an opportunity to limit the market power of monopolies.
- July 3: Idaho is 43 U.S. state.
- July 10: Wyoming is 44th state of the USA.
- December 29: At Wounded Knee in the U.S. state of South Dakota U.S. troops kill between 200 and 300 Indians from the tribe of the Lakota (Sioux ).
Historic maps and views
- February 5, the entry in the commercial register Allianz Insurance AG in Berlin takes on its business operations.
- October 17: Ludwig Hirschhorn and Theodor Grob found in Zurich the general partnership Hirschhorn & Grob, today's Bank Julius Baer.
- Due to drastically lower commodity prices Argentina can no longer service its foreign debt, whereupon the London Barings Bank, one of the main creditors of the country falls into bankruptcy. As a result, there are further crises in South Africa and the USA.
Science and Technology
Clément Ader (9 October )
Emil von Behring
- JANUARY 25: U.S. journalist Nellie Bly completed her trip around the world on the 73rd day.
- MAY 15: The water-powered Elektricitäts works Reichenhall take the first AC power plant in Germany to the operation.
- October 9: Clément Ader Éole monoplane flying for 50 meters, then the aircraft is destroyed in the crash.
- December 6: The French doctor Charles Robert Richet inoculated immune serum for the first time in a human.
- Emil von Behring developed the basics of serum therapy against diphtheria.
- Founding of the German Zoological Society
- The Forth Bridge over the Firth of Forth at Queensferry in Scotland is completed.
- 1890: emergence of Art Nouveau and the beginning of Viennese Modernism.
Vincent van Gogh: The White House at Night