August 3 is the 215th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 216th in leap years). Thus another 150 days remaining until the end.
- 3.1 Before the 17th century
- 3.2 17th century
- 3.3 18th century
- 3.4 19th century
- 3.5 20th century
- 3.6 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0008: Tiberius Caesar Augustus defeated the insurgent Dalmatians in the province of Illyricum.
Science and Technology
- 0449: In Ephesus by Pope Leo I, as a " robber synod " called church meeting is opened. On it is forcibly trying to enforce Monophysitism.
- 1057: Frederick of Lorraine is when Pope Stephen IX. enthroned.
- 1881: With the encyclical Licet multa Pope Leo XIII used. to the Belgian Cardinal Victor Augustin Isidore Deschamps and the Belgian bishops in school conflict and calls for to maintain the unity of the Catholic Church.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 17th century
- 0908: Rudolf I, Bishop of Würzburg
- 1270: John of Damietta, son of King Louis IX. of France and Margaret of Provence
- 1331: Otto II of Woldenberg, Bishop of Hildesheim
- 1387: John of Klenedenst, Bishop of Lübeck
- 1460: James II, King of Scotland
- 1468: Henning Iven, Bishop of Pomerania
- 1513: Ernst II of Saxony, Archbishop of Magdeburg and Administrator of Halberstadt
- 1546: Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, Italian architect
- 1559: Andreas von Barby, Danish politician and bishop of Lübeck
- 1599: Elisabeth Strupp, who was executed as a witch German
Giovanni Battista Martini († 1784)
Jeffrey Amherst († 1797)
Prince Henry of Prussia († 1802)
Philip Augustus Boeckh († 1867)
Thorstein Veblen († 1929)
Richard Willstätter († 1942)
Sidonie Gabrielle Colette († 1954)
- 2001: Franz Josef Bach, German engineer, diplomat, lobbyist and politician, Member of Parliament
- 2002: Dietmar Schlee, German politicians
- 2003: Joseph Saidu Momoh, President of Sierra Leone
- 2003: Peter Safar, American anesthesiologist
- 2004: Henri Cartier- Bresson, French photographer, director, actor, artist, painter
- 2005: Hans E. Schons, German actor
- 2005: Gert Fritz Unger, German writer
- 2006: Arthur Lee, American rock musician
- 2006: Helmut leg, German rally driver, Opel motorsport director and Formula 3 functionary
- 2006: Vera Kistler, American composer, music educator and writer
- 2006: Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, German opera and lieder singer, soprano
- 2008: Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Russian writer, playwright and Nobel Prize winner
- 2011: Rudolf Brazda, a survivor of the Buchenwald concentration camp, who had been imprisoned for his homosexuality
- 2011: Bubba Smith, American American football player and actor
- 2012: Carl Andersen, Austrian film critic and director
- 2012: Rolf Castell, German folk and theater actor, director and television writer
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Joshua Stegmann, German pastor and hymn writer ( Protestant)
- St. Salome ( disciple ) ( orthodox, evangelical: LCMS )
- St. Joan Chusa, Judean disciple of Jesus (Protestant: LCMS )
- St. Mary of Cleophas, Judean disciple of Jesus (Protestant: LCMS )
- Name Days Lydia
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in August