History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Wood horse甲午( at the beginning of the year, water - snake癸巳)
Syria: 1545/46 ( the year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
- April 7: After the death of Sancho VII without legitimate successor to the Kingdom of Navarre falls to the French Count of Champagne from the House of Blois. Theobald I ascends the throne. He sits down with the support of the Basque nobility through against James I of Aragon.
- May 27: In the Battle of Altenesch the Stedinger peasants are defeated by a crusade army of the diocese of Bremen in the so-called Stedingerkrieg.
- July 2: King Henry ( VII ) submits in Bad Wimpfen after a futile rebellion his father, the Emperor Frederick II
- August 3: In the Bull of Rieti confirmed Pope Gregory IX. the Teutonic Order the rightful reign over the Kulmerland and all future conquest of territory in Prussia. The Grand Master of the Order, Hermann von Salza, has stubbornly insists on being written down one as 1230 given orally promise. The Order then performs a first successful campaign against the Prussians.
- First mention of Allaman, Bernstadt ad Eigen, Frutigen, Heftrich, Heubach, Hildburghausen, Kirrlach, Oeschgen, Ohlsbach, Meiringen, Mengeringhausen, Rehau and Steinberg.
- Founding of the towns of Stralsund and Prenzlau
- The first printed book in the world with metal letters appearing in Korea represents the 50 - volume work " Sangdchòn jemun " ( guideline of morality ) dar. (see history of printing; detail see Related links)
- September 5: Pope Gregory IX. proclaimed in the bull Rex pacificus of the revised Raymond of Penyafort Dekretalensammlung Liber Extra.
- At the Diet in Frankfurt calls King Henry ( VII ) for restraint against heretics.
- Konrad of Thuringia, Ludowinger, (later the fifth Grand Master ) joins the Teutonic Order.
- Dominic will of Pope Gregory IX. canonized.
- Duke Abel founded the gray monastery in Schleswig.
- The monastery Szczyrzyc is donated.
- To 1234: Agnes of Bohemia enters the endowed by their Klarissenstift in Prague.
- February: Abaqa, second Mongol Ilkhan of Persia († 1282)
- Beatrice of Provence, heiress of Provence († 1267 )
- Hesso of Reinach, Canton Aarau nobles and minstrels († 1275/76 )
- Kaliman Asen I, Tsar of Bulgaria ( † 1246 )
- Kinga of Poland, Duchess of Lesser Poland and Catholic saints († 1292 )
- Kristin Håkonsdatter, Norwegian Princess
- To 1234: Matilda II, Countess of Auxerre, Nevers and Tonnerre († 1262 )
- March 3: Robert III, Count of Dreux (* 1185 ).
- MARCH 23: Guillaume II des Barres, a French knight, lord of La Ferté- Alais and Oissery (* 1160 )
- April 7: Sancho VII, King of Navarre
- APRIL 16: Richard Marshal, 3rd Earl of Pembroke, English nobleman and Earl Marshal
- May 7: Otto I, Duke of Meranien, Count Palatine of Burgundy and Margrave of Istria
- May 7: Cyril of Constantinople Opel, Carmelite monk (* 1138 )
- May 27:. , Henry III, Count of ( Wildeshausen ) Bruchhausen
- June 18: Chukyo, 85th emperor of Japan (* 1218 )
- Knut II, King of Sweden
- Otto de la Roche, participants in the Fourth Crusade, as well as lord of Thebes and Athens