August 25 is the 237th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 238th in leap years), thus a total of 128 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0383: The one with a few followers fled to Lugdunum Roman Emperor Gratian is slain by Heermeister Andragathius. Many troops are Gratian before - instead of fighting for the ruler in the western part - usurper Magnus Maximus defected.
- 1256: In Bologna, the abolition of serfdom will be posted for approximately 6,000 servants. The owners will be compensated once from the financial office of the city. The following year, the legal text in Liber Paradisus is documented.
- 1270: The French king Louis IX. died at the siege of Tunis during the seventh and last crusade. He is succeeded by his son Philip III.
Science and Technology
- 2001: The Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon married Mette- Marit Tjessem Høiby.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Nature and Environment
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Johann Gottfried Herder (* 1744)
Antoine de Saint -Just (* 1767)
Before the 19th century
- 0383: Gratian, Roman emperor in the West
- 1036: Pilgrim of Cologne, Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Cologne, Arch-Chancellor of Italy
- 1148: Adalbero of Bremen, Archbishop of Bremen and Hamburg
- 1192: Hugh III, Duke of Burgundy.
- 1233: Berthold von Helfenstein, Bishop of Chur
- 1270: . Louis IX, King of France
- 1482: Margaret of Anjou, aristocrat of the House of Valois - Angevin, Spouse of Henry VI, Queen of England, Collaborator of the Wars of the Roses.
- 1554: Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, English statesman
- 1572: Christoph Lasius, German Protestant theologian
- 1632: Thomas Decker, English playwright
- 1688: Henry Morgan, English pirate and Governor of Jamaica
- 1693: . Johann Christoph Bach the Elder, twin brother of Johann Ambrosius Bach
- 1699: Christian V, King of Denmark and Norway
Christian V of Denmark († 1699)
Carl Leberecht Immermann († 1840)
Max Eyth († 1906)
- 2001: Aaliyah, American R & B singer
- 2002: William Warfield, American singer (bass - baritone)
- 2004: Otto Anton Eder, Austrian actor and director
- 2004: Marcelo González Martín Cardinal, Spanish clergyman, Archbishop of Toledo
- 2004: Carl Szokoll Austrian film producer and author
- 2005: Peter goggle, German politician, Member of Parliament, Senator, Member of Parliament, journalist and communications expert
- 2005: Terence Morgan, British actor
- 2006: John Blankenstein, Dutch soccer referee
- 2006: Noor Hassanali, President of Trinidad and Tobago
- 2006: Vijay Mehra, Indian Cricket Player
- 2006: Heikki Toivanen, Finnish opera singer
- 2007: Raymond Barre, French politician and economist
- 2007: Richard Cook, British jazz journalist and author
- 2007: Edouard Cardinal Gagnon, Canadian religious cleric, Cardinal
- 2007: Ray Jones, English footballer
- 2007: Weißgerber, German Manager
- 2008: Josef Tal, Israeli composer
- 2009: Edward Kennedy, American politician, Senator from Massachusetts
- 2012: Florencio Amarilla Lacasa, Paraguayan football player and actor
- 2012: Neil Armstrong, American astronaut, first man on the moon
- 2013: Gilmar, Brazilian footballer
- 2013: Katja Paryla, German actress
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Gregory of Utrecht, Utrecht abbot and evangeliser at the Friesen (Protestant, Catholic)
- St. Geruntius, Bishop of Italica ( Catholic)
- St. Genesius of Rome, Martyr and Patron Saint ( Catholic)
- St. Titus, Bishop of Crete ( Orthodox)
- Name Days Patricia
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in August