History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State · obituary
Year of the Fire Pig丁亥( at the beginning of the year Fire Dog丙戌)
Syria: 2078/79 ( year October )
- 3.1 First Quarter
- 3.2 Second Quarter
- 3.3 Third Quarter
- 3.4 Fourth Quarter
- 3.5 Exact date of birth unknown
- 4.1 First half of
- 4.2 Second half of
Politics and World Affairs
- FEBRUARY 27: Charles III. prohibits the Jesuits and assigns their expulsion from Spain and the American possessions of Spain to.
- June 29: The British Parliament adopts the so-called Townshend laws that impose the American colonies import duties. These react with boycotts.
- July 2: The British explorer Philip Carteret reached an island that he after the midshipman Robert Pitcairn, a son of John Pitcairn, renames. This had the island sees first.
- October 28: Philip Carteret discovered the Admiralty Islands again, the Dutch seafarers were already known.
- APRIL 7: Burmese rulers Hsinbyushin from the Konbaung dynasty conquered after more than one year siege of Ayutthaya, the capital of the Kingdom of the Thai, and destroyed the city almost completely. The Siamese King Ekathat comes just as his designated successor on the run killed.
- The Chemical Brothers factory Gravenhorst is the first time Braunschweigisches green in large quantity and purity ago.
Science and Technology
- February 23: The Regensburg theologian Jacob Christian Schäffer developed a forerunner of the washing machine, the Rührflügelmaschine which he extols the comfortable and highly vortheilhafte washing machine as progress in his work.
- The astronomer Charles Mason and surveyor Jeremiah Dixon of complete after four years in the measurement of the boundary between the colonies of Pennsylvania and Maryland. The Mason - Dixon line is today the border between the two states.