The 4th October is the 277th day of the Gregorian Calendar ( 278th in leap years) thus 88 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 0610: Heraclius Constantine takes an Opel and leaves the reigning Byzantine Emperor Phocas 602 since kill.
- 1209: In the wake of the German throne dispute is Otto IV of Brunswick by Pope Innocent III. crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 2000: In Birmingham, the production of the small car Rover Mini ends. From a BMW series is placed in a modified version after the Acquisition.
- 2001: The Chapf called Outcrop on the road over the Grimsel Pass is busted. The largest ever demolition of Swiss history removed 150,000 cubic meters of rock and captures the risk of further rockfalls.
Science and Technology
- 2004: beginning of private space flight era: SpaceShipOne won the Ansari X-Prize by the second flight above 100 km altitude within two weeks. Pilot for this flight is Brian Binnie.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Anton Ulrich of Brunswick- Wolfenbüttel (* 1633)
Before the 19th century
- 0816: Adalwin, Bishop of Regensburg
- 1189: Andrew of Brienne, Lord of Ramerupt
- 1305: Kameyama, 90th Tenno of Japan
- 1353: Rudolf II, Count Palatine of the Rhine
- 1357: Angelo Acciaiuoli, Italian bishop
- 1489: Johann Wessel, Dutch - German Platonist and humanist, and pre-Reformation theologian
- 1540: Eobanus Hessus, German Protestant humanist, considered a great neo-Latin poet
- 1556: John Knipstro, German Lutheran theologian and reformer
- 1582: Teresa of Avila, Spanish nun ( Carmelite ) and mystic
- 1660: Francesco Albani, Italian painter
- 1646: Thomas Howard, 21st Earl of Arundel, English nobleman
- 2001: Les " Carrot Top " Anderson, American country musician
- 2002: Hans Holmér, Swedish police officer and writer
- 2004: Helmut Bantz, German Turner
- 2004: Gordon Cooper, American astronaut
- 2004: Michael Grant, British classical scholar
- 2004: Willy Guhl, Swiss designer
- 2005: Claudia Christina, German television presenter and singer
- 2005: Stanley K. Hathaway, American politician, Governor of Wyoming, United States Secretary of the Interior
- 2005: Arthur Henkel, German German scholar, literary historian and Goethe- researchers
- 2005: Florian Leis Bendorff, German musician
- 2005: Josef settlers, German politician, Member of Parliament
- 2006: Oskar Pastior, Romanian - German poet and translator
- 2007: Leili Andre, Estonian poet and writer
- 2009: Shoichi Nakagawa, Japanese politicians
- 2009: Ernő Kolczonay, Hungarian fencer
- 2009: Mercedes Sosa, Argentine folk singer
- 2012: Erhard Wunderlich, German handball player
- 2013: Võ Giáp Nguyên, Vietnamese General
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances St. Francis of Assisi, Italian mystic and founder of the Order ( Anglican, Protestant, Catholic)
- Rembrandt van Rijn, Dutch painter ( Protestant)
- St. Damaris, Greek biblical figure ( Catholic)
- Name Days Edwin
- State Holidays and observances Lesotho: independence from Great Britain (1966 )
- Anniversaries of international organizations World Animal Day
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in October